Selby up, Povich down

eddie83

3 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Elias has missed on pretty much all the waiver relievers this year aside from Smith. And even Burch has his limitations. This isn’t a way to construct a bullpen. Requires a lot of luck.

Someone very wise once said, “We make our own luck.”

Mike isn’t…

2 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

Someone very wise once said, “We make our own luck.”

Mike isn’t…

Luck ain't even luck, you got to make your own breaks.

Either that, or the residue of design...I forget which one.

Colin Selby has PIT as well as KCR for future 0.1% immaculate gridding.

In the event we get into the playoffs, I wonder if Povich would be effective in middle / long relief.  If we make it, assuming Burnes, Eflin, Grayson are the starters - wonder if Povich and Suarez can replace a couple of the current bullpen clowns.  Barring miracles, at a minimum, Rogers, Aiken, Baker, Kimbrel, Irvin, Soto don’t belong on a playoff roster.  

52 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Are you kidding me, Elias? You’re gonna start Rogers tomorrow? So asinine.

The entire point was to get Suarez and the other guys an extra day with no off days so I am not sure what you expected.  If you just swap a starter you didn’t do anything to give them a rest.  

6 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

The entire point was to get Suarez and the other guys an extra day with no off days so I am not sure what you expected.  If you just swap a starter you didn’t do anything to give them a rest.  

Throwing away 2-3 games is the issue

This tells me someone is close to returning or they have made a move that isn’t official yet.  You bring this guy up to get you a day or two and then DFA him.  You don’t want to use a call up on Vespi or Tate if it is gonna be just 1 or 2 days.   I assume Webb will be back tomorrow or Tuesday.  

2 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Throwing away 2-3 games is the issue

They are not throwing away guys they are trying to keep there better pitchers who are wearing down as fresh as possible.  Suarez, Kremer and a few other guys need breaks.  You would run everyone into the ground then come September wonder why they were struggling.  Pitchers don’t throw on 4 days rest often and with no off days in schedule you have to find a way to spot a start here and there just like the Red Sox did Friday, the Yankees did the other day starting Warren.  

1 hour ago, LookitsPuck said:

Are you kidding me, Elias? You’re gonna start Rogers tomorrow? So asinine.

Yeah and I guess 2 more times at least because Povich can't come back for 15 days.  Nothing like guaranteeing losses with Rogers while sending the rookie who shut down the other team for 6 innings back to the minors.

2 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

They are not throwing away guys they are trying to keep there better pitchers who are wearing down as fresh as possible.  Suarez, Kremer and a few other guys need breaks.  You would run everyone into the ground then come September wonder why they were struggling.  Pitchers don’t throw on 4 days rest often and with no off days in schedule you have to find a way to spot a start here and there just like the Red Sox did Friday, the Yankees did the other day starting Warren.  

Then call up a spot starter for Rogers.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

Who?  And again the point was to give Suarez an extra day so are you calling up two spot starters in a 3 game span?  

Maybe Rogers will throw 88 on Monday.  That might confuse the Mets hitters who could think its a changeup.

7 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Then call up a spot starter for Rogers.

The Norfolk  rotation right now makes ours look like all Cy young guys.  Norfolk has Davidson went 1.2 innings 4 runs last start, Irvin went 2 inning 3 runs, Ambruster 2. 1 inning 9 runs  Zimmerman 1 inning 3 runs.  Young pitched well but not a guy they ready to put on 40 man and are on strict limit with.    So the options last turn through pitched 7 innings and gave up  19 runs and you want to spot start them?  

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

This tells me someone is close to returning or they have made a move that isn’t official yet.  You bring this guy up to get you a day or two and then DFA him.  You don’t want to use a call up on Vespi or Tate if it is gonna be just 1 or 2 days.   I assume Webb will be back tomorrow or Tuesday.  

Yeah, folks need to chill a bit. We optioned Baker to make room for Povich. Baker has to stay down for 15 days. Webb is coming back soon. This is a temp guy with options who will be gone in a few days. If he pitches at all, it will be in Baker's spot.