Os claim Emmanuel Rivera; DFA Vavra

Sports Guy

8 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Well, we don't know if he's gone. If he's unclaimed on waivers, he will likely stay with the organization and just be removed from the 40 man roster. Like Irvin was last month. 

I'm not sure why he was even on the 40 man.  So many of these guys that Elias has stashed on the 40 man like they're highly desirable, no one really wants.  Like McKenna for instance.

6 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

Well, we don't know if he's gone. If he's unclaimed on waivers, he will likely stay with the organization and just be removed from the 40 man roster. Like Irvin was last month. 

Hasn’t Vavra already been DFA’d and went unclaimed? 

7 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I'm not sure why he was even on the 40 man.  So many of these guys that Elias has stashed on the 40 man like they're highly desirable, no one really wants.  Like McKenna for instance.

Because someone has to be put on the 40 man and you don’t want to use up prospects to fill it while they come up the system using up there options.  The 40 man has now become 50 man rosters a with 10 guys on the 60 day dl and then 40 healthy guys so it gets watered down quick.  

52 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

Because someone has to be put on the 40 man and you don’t want to use up prospects to fill it while they come up the system using up there options.  The 40 man has now become 50 man rosters a with 10 guys on the 60 day dl and then 40 healthy guys so it gets watered down quick.  

Rivera is probably a better SS for AAA depth than Vavra.  AAA needs a team too to develop players.  You don't want not having a capable SS defensively to affect the whole AAA team.  Pitching and the rest of the defense.  Throws off timing too.  

35 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Rivera is probably a better SS for AAA depth than Vavra.  AAA needs a team too to develop players.  You don't want not having a capable SS defensively to affect the whole AAA team.  Pitching and the rest of the defense.  Throws off timing too.  

Rivera has never played SS in the major leagues. He appears to be a 3B-1B. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I get your point, but the Giants wanted him as he was claimed.

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Rivera has never played SS in the major leagues. He appears to be a 3B-1B. 

Thanks for clarifying.  I had no idea he had been in the majors.  I don't remember this dude at all.  I guess we really don't like JD Davis or Nick Maton?   Davis probably isn't a good enough defender for us, and Maton isn't RH.  

• 3 weeks later...