8/22 vs HOUSTON

eddie83

17 minutes ago, slakattack said:

Time for a closed door meeting...does this team actually have a leader?

There was a discussion about this on here a while back.  The consensus was no one.  

The offense is probably in the “what does it matter, if we score runs - the pitchers piss it away” mode.    The pitchers are like “I can’t get any run support around here and I’ve got little league infielders behind me.”

Edited by Wavetrapper
Typo

1 hour ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

Holliday sucks. Should have traded him When he had some value. Dude isn’t a major leaguer. 

1 hour ago, Wavetrapper said:

One of many 2024 disappointments.  Maybe they rushed him.  

Are you guys serious?

He's twenty years old. 

7 hours ago, EnochRoot said:

Are you guys serious?

He's twenty years old. 

And based on his body of work at the major league level to date, is your argument that he isn’t a disappointment?    Hopefully he’ll ultimately figure it out (offense and defense), but until then it’s a disappointment watching him bat .150 and flailing away.  

13 hours ago, Wavetrapper said:

And based on his body of work at the major league level to date, is your argument that he isn’t a disappointment?    Hopefully he’ll ultimately figure it out (offense and defense), but until then it’s a disappointment watching him bat .150 and flailing away.  

Again, he’s twenty. Not every player makes the jump to MLB without struggling in his first year. Scouts see an elite (not just good/very good) baseball player in him. Look at it this way: he’s getting his struggles out of the way this season. Next year’s likely ‘struggling rookie’ candidate will be Coby Mayo. 

On 8/23/2024 at 7:10 AM, Wavetrapper said:

No, because I have perspective. 

But if you must have an answer, I think his approach at the plate today as a PH vs the RH RP was fantastic.