Should Hyde win a second consecutive Manager of the Year?

Frobby

36 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Ah, right...so when his moves don't work out or they backfire, that's an indictment on him being a bad manager.

But pulling the right strings is "a blind squirrel finding a nut."

Interesting standards, Phil.

I’m very consistent. Sometimes a bad move works, and sometimes a good move doesn’t, but they remain good or bad moves.

Last night, as I said in another comment, were good moves, and they worked, but regarding my comment actually, I was joking. He did the right thing, and lo! It worked! 

Your comments re:weaver et al, are basically correct. People will always complain about this or that approach. But some people have more valid reasons for their complaints than others. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/24/2024 at 9:06 PM, Pruke said:

Yes - for single-handedly charging the Yankees bench - of course!!

People can say what they want about Hyde, but that was at least fun to watch! 

I would want Hyde to have my back in a fight! He seems like the loyal type and his perpetual scowl would scare most aggressors away! :D

31 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I would want Hyde to have my back in a fight! He seems like the loyal type and his perpetual scowl would scare most aggressors away! :D

Didn't Hyde run away like a scared kitten one time when he and Chris Davis were having a shouting match in the dugout?

😀

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Not intended as a criticism of Hyde, but on the rare occasions when he shows anger on the field, it looks forced to me -- as in, this umpire is screwing us, so I should leave the dugout and show anger. I just thing he has a very slow temper. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Didn't Hyde run away like a scared kitten one time when he and Chris Davis were having a shouting match in the dugout?

😀

Well Chris Davis couldn't hit a baseball by that point, but he probably still could squish a skull if he wanted to, so can't blame Hyde for not wanting that! :D

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

Not intended as a criticism of Hyde, but on the rare occasions when he shows anger on the field, it looks forced to me -- as in, this umpire is screwing us, so I should leave the dugout and show anger. I just thing he has a very slow temper. 

Perhaps. I've been critical at times of Hyde not protecting his rookies from getting those bad calls, or at least letting these umpires know that he doesn't appreciate those terrible calls which seemingly are directed towards his rookies.

Saying that, I think Hyde overall does a decent job of barking when he needs to. i mean, clearly they were not trying to hit Kjerstad in the head, but I can't blame him for barking at the pitcher as well as the bench when they barked back (which I also don't blame).

7 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Wait, what happens then? 

It can over heat and cause a fire. Just too much heat going through too small gauge of wires. Chances are nothing will happen at that low but it could still result in a fire. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sevastras said:

It can over heat and cause a fire. Just too much heat going through too small gauge of wires. Chances are nothing will happen at that low but it could still result in a fire. 

I know, I was being facetious. But I’m glad you answered!