Elias…DFA Kimbrel now!!

Wavetrapper

Although, hmmmm…..

if Kimbrel finishes the season and the team declines his option, he gets a 1 million buyout.

If the team DFA’s him now, does that save them the buyout fee?

That would change the calculus of this question completely.

DFA Kimbrel, save a million smackers, re-sign Vinny Nittoli and everything’s comin’ up Orioles!

It is time.

Since July 14th, he’s made 15 appearances. He’s allowed runs in 8 of them. In only 1 did he have a clean inning with no hits or walks.

This is not a guy you put in a tie game in the 8th. Hyde has no idea how to handle this situation aside from poorly so please just take away Hyde’s toy.

• Upvote 1

Not released, but he should come in only on mop-up duty. It was a very poor decision by Hyde to put him in in a tied game in the 8th. If he does that again going forward, then it's him that needs to be fired.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Not released, but he should come in only on mop-up duty. It was a very poor decision by Hyde to put him in in a tied game in the 8th. If he does that again going forward, then it's him that needs to be fired.

That was my initial thought too.  Mop up duty.   But they aren’t blown out often where they have absolutely no chance.   How demoralizing to fight back to tie it up and have this clown blow it in 5 minutes.   Aside from mop up in a rare blowout (win or loss) there is simply no situation at all you can use him in.  He’s using up a valuable roster spot for someone who maybe could be effective from time to time.  I mean what do you do with the guy?

1 hour ago, LookitsPuck said:

It is time.

Since July 14th, he’s made 15 appearances. He’s allowed runs in 8 of them. In only 1 did he have a clean inning with no hits or walks.

This is not a guy you put in a tie game in the 8th. Hyde has no idea how to handle this situation aside from poorly so please just take away Hyde’s toy.

I was wondering about how many clean innings he'd had recently, so thanks for looking it up. That's worse than I thought. 

I don't think they'll DFA him, but I've pretty much lost hope for a Kimbrel rebound. He just has nothing night after night, and the drought has gone on much longer than his series of bad games earlier in the year. 

Was hoping Kimbrel would go on a heater by now but I don’t think that’s gonna happen. 

I know they won’t DFA him but this bullpen might actually turn out to be good. Dominguez has been largely good, Soto has turned it around, Burch has been reliable, Perez has been decent, Akin needs a clean inning…there’s the roller Canoster but overall he’s good, too.  I like what I’ve seen from Bowman and his funky delivery. 

I am more confident in all of those guys compared to Kimbrel. And when DC comes back, I don’t want to get rid of any of those guys to keep Kimbrel. 

I know that’s not gonna happen but I wish it would. 

• Upvote 2

Cano threw 8 pitches before Hyder brought in Kimbrel. 

All these injuries and Kimbrel walking around healthy as a horse. At some point this has to fall on his teammates. Slam the door in his face, tie his shoelaces together as he’s walking down the steps, just tackle him when he walks out of the bullpen. Do something.