Sept 17 -- Suarez vs Cy Snell.

ShoelesJoe

20 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

It's like U2 - going along and putting out one good album after another through Rattle and Hum, and then taking a turn to the horrible. 

As a U2 fan I agree.  They went from a must see great band to band members you cannot even stand to view or hear sing.  It just makes you cringe. 

The Orioles are the same imo.   I said this on a previous message board early this year but I really feel as if the Orioles fundamental teaching system in the minor leagues and going all the way up to the majors and especially with Brandon Hyde is severely lacking.  I have never seen a team with this much talent play (before the injuries mostly but also after) such bad fundamental baseball.  It appears as if they have no idea what they are doing.  This most recent error by Mullins being a prime example.   This isn't complicated.  It is little league stuff. 

But the most glaring deficiency is they simply have no idea how to take pitches and how to hit.  I would love for a Billy Beane Money ball system guru to come in and give these guys even a glimmer of what it means to be a major league hitter.  It is comical at this point.    They swing at the worst pitches and don't seem to ever care about changing. 

Just now, RavensNOsGuy said:

Said that a few weeks ago and was ridiculed for it. There is 0 life or care from Anyone right now and it’s been that way for a long time. I don’t even think they care if they make the playoffs at this point,

WIll throwing things make Emanuel Rivera, Austin Slater, Livan Soto, Coby Mayo, Eloy Jimenez better baseball players? This is just a complete lack of talent. 2019 type lineup. 

Just now, terpoh said:

WIll throwing things make Emanuel Rivera, Austin Slater, Livan Soto, Coby Mayo, Eloy Jimenez better baseball players? This is just a complete lack of talent. 2019 type lineup. 

The top guys in the line up have to produce to pick up the slack and they haven't.

Just now, O's84 said:

The top guys in the line up have to produce to pick up the slack and they haven't.

Gunnar Henderson has been one of the best hitters in baseball in September. Santander is always streaky. Adley has been cold. Who else do you consider top guys in the lineup? We play 4-6 guys a night that should not be in a major league lineup.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, forphase1 said:

Just so pathetic.  I can't believe how hard we have fallen from being a top team in MLB to looking so bad.  Yeah, injuries are a PART of it, but certainly doesn't explain all the problems we are having.

Huh? We have no Westburg, Urias, Mateo or Mountcastle in the lineup. Instead we have Soto, Rivera, Jimenez and Mayo. What the frick do you expect from that lineup?

1 minute ago, ShoelesJoe said:

My family and I spent $800 on Orioles tickets today, over a grand spent in the last two weeks. I watch these guys going through the motions, and Hyde playing bystander, and it feels like I’m a chump for being a fan. 

$800?

Why?