Hyde Hot Seat

Deadwood Fan

Hot seat?   

111 members have voted

1. 1. Is Brandon Hyde on the hot seat?

• Yes
    • No

32 minutes ago, casadeozo said:

Lol this is a take from the 90s. Washington is in danger of being fired solely for constantly airing out his players and buy most is seen as a relic of a bygone era that the game has passed by.

Dusty Baker consistently lost with the best talent.  Until of course the year before he retired. This is the same guy who played hard headedly played a below replacement level catcher in Maldonado instead of a top prospect due to “veteran leadership”.

so no while I don’t love Hyde if these are the options let’s stick with him.

I threw out the names of Ron Washington/Dusty Baker initially as just the type of vet manager that we would go after being as they are the opposite of what we hired with Hyde.

I think Hyde sticks, but it is concerning.  I don't blame him at all.  I think Hyde is one of the better managers in the business, and even Freddi Gonzalez has whatever "fire" that we may perceive that Hyde doesn't have.  

The question is, has Hyde's message gotten stale?  

1 hour ago, casadeozo said:

Lol this is a take from the 90s. Washington is in danger of being fired solely for constantly airing out his players and buy most is seen as a relic of a bygone era that the game has passed by.

Dusty Baker consistently lost with the best talent.  Until of course the year before he retired. This is the same guy who played hard headedly played a below replacement level catcher in Maldonado instead of a top prospect due to “veteran leadership”.

so no while I don’t love Hyde if these are the options let’s stick with him.

Yeah Hyde who's about to blow a big lead for the playoffs Lol. Yeah Dusty who did win a world series title something the Orioles have 't seen In 40 years. Yeah give me that guy. But no worries I think he's happily retired. 

50 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

I’m saying the last 3 months the pitching was a bit worse and the offense was a bit better, but they have not been a good team.

Not giving you a hard time but how has the offense been a little bit  better though? I feel it's every bit as bad now then it's ever been during these 3 months if not even more a little worst then a couple of months ago. 

Edited by Baseball fandom

1 minute ago, Baseball fandom said:

But not giving you a hard time but when has the offense been better though? I feel it's every bit worst has it's been since about late June. Shoot if anything I think it could be even worse now then ever before. 

Overall it was clearly better. They were nearly as frustrating though because they were having 2-3 awful performances mixed in a week with 1-2 very good ones, which made the runs per game look solid even though everyone watching could see something was not right. 

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I threw out the names of Ron Washington/Dusty Baker initially as just the type of vet manager that we would go after being as they are the opposite of what we hired with Hyde.

I think Hyde sticks, but it is concerning.  I don't blame him at all.  I think Hyde is one of the better managers in the business, and even Freddi Gonzalez has whatever "fire" that we may perceive that Hyde doesn't have.  

The question is, has Hyde's message gotten stale?  

I agree maybe a different voice is needed. I like the idea of someone like Mark DeRosa.