Kremer or Suarez for Game 3

ChuckS

Kremer or Suarez to Start Game 3?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Kremer or Suarez to Start Game 3?

• Kremer
    • Suarez

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Kremer and to me it’s not close. I appreciate what Suarez has done this year but his lucky HR rate for most of the year is flipping and Kremer has the bette track record and can be trusted more.

I agree with this and further to your point on the HR rate, Kremer has only allowed 4 HR in 61 IP in the second half of this season.

I don't regard Albert Suarez as an ALWC roster lock.

It is Johnny Wholestaff if Burnes and Eflin split.

We've talked about Grayson's bad command off a prior injury, but he might not need the whole repertoire to be useful.    If Lance McCullers can be SIGBOT piloted to throw 40 straight curveballs, maybe Grayson Rodriguez can be piloted to throw 30 straight fastballs.

30 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Kremer and to me it’s not close. I appreciate what Suarez has done this year but his lucky HR rate for most of the year is flipping and Kremer has the bette track record and can be trusted more.

Suarez has appeared to hit the wall this last month and Kremer has pitched well. It's an easy decision and Suarez can help the bullpen he's probably best suited for one or two innings after pitching a full season.

I'm with the majority -- go with Kremer.   Suarez can be most effective out of the pen.   But if it gets to game 3 it's do or die, there are all kinds of permutations.   You could go with Akin as a 1-2 inning opener then go to Kremer, then Suarez, as well as mix and matching the best available arms to face the opposing lineup.