G Rod in the pen

Big Al

If Grayson's velocity is back, but his arm isn't ready to go 6 innings then I say put him in the bullpen. Use him as a high leverage pitcher. Even with the layoff I trust Grayson more in a runners on 2B and 3B with only one out situation. Cano, Perez, Dominguez and Akin are all too up and down between each appearance to fully trust.

As long as there isn't risk of re-injuring his arm it makes sense to use Grayson if he's able to contribute for an inning or two.

6 minutes ago, O's84 said:

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think Grayson pitches again this year.

I agree unfortunately. If the O's can make a postseason run maybe Grayson could pitch in the ALCS. I just want to see him at 100% at the start of spring training way too many pitching injuries this year.

I wouldn’t put him on the playoff roster unless he gets into a regular season game and looks okay.  Too much risk that he won’t be sharp pitching against live hitters in a real game for the first time, and in an unfamiliar role.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, O's84 said:

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think Grayson pitches again this year.

100% agree. He's yet to face live pitching. And he's here for the long haul --- they won't take a chance with him unless he's fully healthy. So odds are he's done for the year.

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

I wouldn’t put him on the playoff roster unless he gets into a regular season game and looks okay.  Too much risk that he won’t be sharp pitching against live hitters in a real game for the first time, and in an unfamiliar role.

I’m not sure why it matters if he pitches an inning or 2 against the twins. That won’t be convincing that he’s ready imo.

If he’s healthy, you add him to the roster when you can. The alternatives aren’t great, so it’s not like he will be replacing someone you can’t afford to lose.