Other teams playoffs game thread

Just Regular

13 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Which failed starter with a 6.50 ERA this year will be one of baseball's best relievers next year?

Mike Elias, don't let Brian Cashman beat you to that guy again this winter please.

Surely not Cease.  He has been awful in playoffs last few starts.  

Detroit has been so much fun to watch. They have Skubal and literally 11 completely interchangeable pitchers who Hinch uses at any time and in any situation. They all can start games, throw in middle relief, and close. Every Tigers pitcher has to be ready to come in at any time because nobody other than Skubal actually has a defined role, which can certainly help keep them focused.  That guy Holton who started Game 1 in Cleveland closed Game 3 yesterday.  Of course he did! And Hinch seems to have complete faith in everybody, which I guess works since they all seem to have rubber arms and never get tired.

It must be so annoying as an opposing manager to try and game plan against them or to be a hitter and have absolutely no idea who you are going to be facing until you actually walk up to the plate.  Not sure how long this "gimmick" will last, but it has been really enjoyable.

It looks like Jason Foley, the regular season closer, is almost out of the bullpen rotation.    He and Jackson Jobe are the low guys on the staff with just 0.1 postseason IP so far.

As if it weren't already going to be tough enough for Albert Suarez to find a club with a traditional starter role for him.

42 minutes ago, JR Oriole said:

Detroit has been so much fun to watch. They have Skubal and literally 11 completely interchangeable pitchers who Hinch uses at any time and in any situation. They all can start games, throw in middle relief, and close. Every Tigers pitcher has to be ready to come in at any time because nobody other than Skubal actually has a defined role, which can certainly help keep them focused.  That guy Holton who started Game 1 in Cleveland closed Game 3 yesterday.  Of course he did! And Hinch seems to have complete faith in everybody, which I guess works since they all seem to have rubber arms and never get tired.

It must be so annoying as an opposing manager to try and game plan against them or to be a hitter and have absolutely no idea who you are going to be facing until you actually walk up to the plate.  Not sure how long this "gimmick" will last, but it has been really enjoyable.

Curious how next year plays out for KC and DET. My guess is their pitching staffs have a bunch of injuries. CLE can’t hit. I’ll be surprised if CLE comes back.m

Maybe it’s jealousy but I’m not enjoying it.  

35 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Curious how next year plays out for KC and DET. My guess is their pitching staffs have a bunch of injuries. CLE can’t hit. I’ll be surprised if CLE comes back.m

Maybe it’s jealousy but I’m not enjoying it.  

I get it. But I don't have anything against Detroit and I am hoping that they can get to the World Series.  On the other side, the Mets have been really fun to watch.  Very clutch and relentless in the late innings.  I really just don't want to see a Yankees Dodgers WS.