Wait Till Next Year

Uli2001

From the “it could be worse” dept 

10 consecutive is still way short of 18 straight .. 

The Minnesota Twins have finally broken out of their postseason slump.

The team beat the Toronto Blue Jays 3-1 in the wild-card round of the MLB playoffs Tuesday, their first postseason win since 2004. A lengthy drought between wins isn't unusual, but what makes the Twins' run particularly galling is that they lost 18 straight postseason games. That's three straight losses in the 2004 ALDS, four 3-0 sweeps and losses in the 2017 wild-card sudden-death game and the 2020 wild-card round

4 hours ago, tntoriole said:

From the “it could be worse” dept 

10 consecutive is still way short of 18 straight .. 

The Minnesota Twins have finally broken out of their postseason slump.

The team beat the Toronto Blue Jays 3-1 in the wild-card round of the MLB playoffs Tuesday, their first postseason win since 2004. A lengthy drought between wins isn't unusual, but what makes the Twins' run particularly galling is that they lost 18 straight postseason games. That's three straight losses in the 2004 ALDS, four 3-0 sweeps and losses in the 2017 wild-card sudden-death game and the 2020 wild-card round

18 straight is crazy and I had no idea Minnesota had that streak going.  Baseball is a silly sport.  And cruel.

7 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

The old regime?  Elias has been here for a while. It’s the same approach that has seen them have a top offense for 2 years in a row.

What old regime are you talking about?

I’m talking about having low OBP types. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

@Sports Guyyes …. The sub .326 OBP types that we had at nearly every position. I’m not wasting my time looking at the 2nd half OBP of each of these guys. But, if Adley OPS was the fives he went from a high OBP player to a poor OBP.

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

@Sports Guyyes …. The sub .326 OBP types that we had at nearly every position. I’m not wasting my time looking at the 2nd half OBP of each of these guys. But, if Adley OPS was the fives he went from a high OBP player to a poor OBP.

I just don’t get what your overall point is about the old regime. Your point just isn’t making sense but whatever. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I just don’t get what your overall point is about the old regime. Your point just isn’t making sense but whatever. 

I thought Elias would take this team philosophy from a swing the for fences low OBP bunch to a group more focused on working counts, getting on base, and making contact. It appeared that way to me before the wheels fell off around mid season. I’m sure it’s been exaggerated here but we can’t seem to score runs without hitting dingers. Do you get it now? 

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I thought Elias would take this team philosophy from a swing the for fences low OBP bunch to a group more focused on working counts, getting on base, and making contact. It appeared that way to me before the wheels fell off around mid season. I’m sure it’s been exaggerated here but we can’t seem to score runs without hitting dingers. Do you get it now? 

Yea now that you actually explained it in English, sure.  I think your entire perception is bs but I can understand why.