Elias: Hyde will be back

Sports Guy

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

But we have no idea who told her or of the info is good. She has given no reason to believe her.

Im sure someone told her something but im not sure she smart enough to be able to tell the difference between good info and bad info.

Meh that’s fair. 

25 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I don't know who this woman is and I don't do Twitter.

And this is what I touched on in the other thread: I don't know what the best path forward is b/c I don't know exactly what the problem is.

I don't think Hyde needs to go, but if this is true- and I have no idea if it is or not- he should be gone.

The talk of veteran leaders brings questions.  What was insufficient of the leadership of Satandaner, Mullins, Burnes, and Kimbrel?

I’m not sure about the current vets. Mullins seems to be a quiet lead by example guy. Kimbrel seems interested in adding to his save total. Not every vet is a vocal leader. That type of leadership should come from the coaching staff as well and then you don’t have to sign guys like Gibson, Frazier and Odor. 

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

I’m not sure about the current vets. Mullins seems to be a quiet lead by example guy. Kimbrel seems interested in adding to his save total. Not every vet is a vocal leader. That type of leadership should come from the coaching staff as well and then you don’t have to sign guys like Gibson, Frazier and Odor. 

They said Kimbrel was a good leader in the pen.

2 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I mean, Santander was mentioned time and time again as a leader on this team.  By all reasonable observation, he's a hard working professional player.  Ditto for Mullins.  How exactly was their leadership insufficient?

Edited by Pickles

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I mean, some of the stuff she says in that thread is highly questionably.

She said she's been told by two separate sources that Hyde "hates pitchers."

LOL.  What does that even mean?  And is it even remotely possible?

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

They said Kimbrel was a good leader in the pen.

You mean when he was released? I don’t think they’re gonna say anything different. I just go back to how he seemed pissed when Cowser chunked the ball into the fountain. 

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

She said she's been told by two separate sources that Hyde "hates pitchers."

LOL.  What does that even mean?  And is it even remotely possible?

That part was dumb but she did say the same. Anyway, I’m not trying to take up for this person who I think is mostly annoying. Just don’t think she’s the spread rumors type. 

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

That part was dumb but she did say the same. Anyway, I’m not trying to take up for this person who I think is mostly annoying. Just don’t think she’s the spread rumors type. 

Personally, I believe if they had this issue it would not have been allowed to linger and somebody would have had to answer for it.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, waroriole said:

You mean when he was released? I don’t think they’re gonna say anything different. I just go back to how he seemed pissed when Cowser chunked the ball into the fountain. 

No it was said during the season 

On 10/4/2024 at 5:39 AM, webbrick2010 said:

One of my issues with Hyde/coaching staff were the fundamental mental gaffes that seemed to never be corrected

How many times did an OF'er miss the cut off man, looking at you Cowser

How many times did we make the third out at third base, looking at you Cedric Mullins

How do we not have the contact play on with men at second and third and no out in a tie game (did Holiday freeze or was the 3B coach out to lunch)

This team played increasingly poor defense, with bad fundamentals and the players were never held accountable.

Who says they weren't held accountable?  But what are they supposed to do, fire Jackson Holliday and Colton Cowser?  Or send them to their room?  Or send them back down to minors until it there's enough clamoring again that they are being blocked in the majors?  It's called growing pains.  Of course we could bring back Adam Frazier.

Gossip. Unknown source(s). Twitter. My favorite forms of human interaction. Here's the deal for me. Elias hires manager and has a primary hand in hiring coaches. Hyde's bench coach aint a rookie. Neither are most of the other coaches. Got a feeling  Elias has a pulse on the club house. Elias has said, Hyde will be back. End of story - until the next thread. Until the next rumor.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

Gossip. Unknown source(s). Twitter. My favorite forms of human interaction. Here's the deal for me. Elias hires manager and has a primary hand in hiring coaches. Hyde's bench coach aint a rookie. Neither are most of the other coaches. Got a feeling  Elias has a pulse on the club house. Elias has said, Hyde will be back. End of story - until the next thread. Until the next rumor.

+1, this should get zero airtime unless she cites a source. Everything on the internet should be assumed to be made up until proven.

• Upvote 1

Seems like so long ago that Matt Quatraro was “putting on a clinic” and “managing circles around Hyde.” 

This time, pulling the starter with 70 pitches thrown in the 5th inning (not letting him go third time through) and putting in notably erratic LHP Zerpa for matchup purposes backfired. Zerpa couldn’t find the zone, ended up walking in a run, and couldn’t be totally bailed out by Schreiber (who also walked in a run).

Funny how the exact same move doesn’t look as smart when the players don’t execute.