What's Your Top Priority

mcneck

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

High leverage bullpen pieces.  

Its funny.. I thouhgt I would get laughed at for suggesting Mason Miller but a backend with him and Bautista is awfully formidable 

Snell is #1 for me if the contract is 4 years or less. 4/140 or less is extremely appealing.

But the main priority for me is pitching…1-2 very good starters and 1-2 high leverage relievers.

Also, getting rid of some of the vet depth to help with either the areas we need to acquire or provide minor league depth…and give the young players a clear path to consistent playing time.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

It's a nice thought, I think Miller would cost a haul to trade for though.

Agreed especially having him until 2030 but man we would have won 10 more games this year at least with that backend not to mention sliding Columbe and Cano up to the 6th and 7th inning.

• Upvote 1

In terms of priority for me:

1. TOR arm (Snell, Burnes, Fried)
  2. RF replacement for Santander (O'Neill, Pederson)
  3. Reliable, high leverage BP arm (need to hedge against Felix not being as effective as well as how generally mid the rest of the bullpen arms were outside of Coulombe)
  4. Back of the rotation arm to create competition with Suarez, Povich, McDermott, and Rogers. They *cannot* go into ST giving Rogers a spot.
  5. Backup C (Diaz, d'Arnaud, etc.)

Something I am not sure that we will ever see or know. 

A real internal examination as to whether the philosophies they are teaching these hitters in our minor leagues and then in the majors is working and whether they need to change.  Hard to admit being wrong, and even harder if you don't know how to fix it.  But is what they are being taught and how they approach at-bats in different situations putting them in the best position to be successful?  Are they filling their heads with too much information heading to the plate?  I genuinely don't know.  And it doesn't mean they have to change. But I just hope the organization looks under the hood this offseason rather than defiantly sticking by their guns no matter what.

Sad that Andy Ibanez with a career OPS+ under 100 can clear the bases with 2 outs in Houston yesterday in a tie game and none of our guys can come close to delivering with the bases loaded and none out. And I watched his at-bat and he was on every pitch, in every location.

1. MLB installing the same umpiring system used at AAA or something similar and a new approach to hitting. (I am so tired of MLB ball and strike umpiring and our homer or nothing approach.)

2. Another front-line starter and back-end bull pen piece.

3. A solid middle of the order right-handed bat.

4. Filler.