RHH Outfield Targets

sportsfan8703

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

There’s responsibly managing payroll and then there’s the Orioles. 

We added a decent amount of money at the deadline and I expect that we will continue doing so this offseason, but that doesn't mean we should be reckless about how we allocate that additional spending.

5 minutes ago, Baseball fandom said:

You guys who don't want them to spend 

Screen-Shot-2013-09-02-at-5.22.07-PM.png

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

We added a decent amount of money at the deadline and I expect that we will continue doing so this offseason, but that doesn't mean we should be reckless about how we allocate that additional spending.

Yeah be honest you are one of those keep payroll under 100 million admitted I've seen many of your posts. 😂 😂 But I'm sure you will love to win the championship of keeping rich owners richer 

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

They don't advocate for stupid contracts.  You know, like all the ones they were cheering on when they were signed.

6 minutes ago, Pickles said:

He'd fit in nicely on this roster.

If you are comfortable with Kjerstad playing LF at OPACY regularly (or both Mullins and Cowser always starting against LHSPs at home, which sort of defeats the purpose of adding a RH-hitting OF), then sure.

Hernandez was 2nd percentile in fielding value in 2024 and 1st percentile in range, with a 21st percentile arm. He makes Santander look like prime Willie Mays.

4 minutes ago, Baseball fandom said:

Yeah be honest you are one of those keep payroll under 100 million admitted I've seen many of your posts. 😂 😂 But I'm sure you will love to win the championship of keeping rich owners richer 

Honestly, I kind of respect that you immediately doubled down on your lazy strawman, even when called out directly.

If you are going to be intellectually dishonest, you might as well go all the way 😋

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

If you are comfortable with Kjerstad playing LF at OPACY regularly (or both Mullins and Cowser always starting against LHSPs at home, which sort of defeats the purpose of adding a RH-hitting OF), then sure.

Hernandez was 2nd percentile in fielding value in 2024 and 1st percentile in range, with a 21st percentile arm. He makes Santander look like prime Willie Mays.

Honestly, I kind of respect that you immediately doubled down on your lazy strawman, even when called out directly.

If you are going to be intellectually dishonest, you might as well go all the way 😋

I didn't realize he was that bad defensively.  If he's essentially a DH then no, he doesn't really help us.

1 minute ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

I didn't either until looking at his Baseball Savant data while perusing the available crop of FA RH-hitting OFs recently. 

The RHH outfielder we bring in doesn't necessarily need to be able to play CF as having Cowser in CF vs LHP is playable, but they can't be a downgrade from Santander defensively.  

The Brent Rooker suggestion wasn’t a bad one.  But sure I would want to give up one of  but 3 prospects to get him.  Have to look into that more though.

A guy I really like is McCarthy in Arizona but he’s a lefty, so that doesn’t really solve our problem.

Right handed OFers that play good CF defense are really not readily available around the league.

If you just need a 4th OFer type guy, that’s a little easier to find.  If you need an everyday guy (because you traded Kjerstad or Mullins), it may be smarter to trade for a ML ready prospect.  Maybe some of your vets can get you that.

The problem there, of course, is that you are relying on another young, inexperienced player. 

15 minutes ago, Baseball fandom said:

And f you are going to continue to be a stupid idiot with your foolishness talking and be a lover of keeping payroll down. Oh nvm I can't deal with you fool. Again enjoy no championships. Again  you can get your wish of keeping payroll lol.  Also if you aren't so lazy you would see I hated the Davis and Ubaldo deals 

Except for maybe at the absolute nadir of the Elias rebuild, I have never once advocated for keeping payroll down, but please, keep going, watching mental midgets with delusions of grandeur completely humiliate themselves is never not hilarious  😂👌

23 minutes ago, Pickles said:

The RHH outfielder we bring in doesn't necessarily need to be able to play CF as having Cowser in CF vs LHP is playable, but they can't be a downgrade from Santander defensively.  

I agree, but I do think they need to at least be capable of playing LF at OPACY competently.

Wait, am I advocating for a reunion with Austin Hays?

22 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Right handed OFers that play good CF defense are really not readily available around the league.

If you just need a 4th OFer type guy, that’s a little easier to find.  If you need an everyday guy (because you traded Kjerstad or Mullins), it may be smarter to trade for a ML ready prospect.  Maybe some of your vets can get you that.

The problem there, of course, is that you are relying on another young, inexperienced player. 

I think Bader makes a ton of sense for us. He has historically hit lefties well and plays very good CF defense.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Looking for weakness, eh?

That's too bad.  I'd be alright with Teoscar's .800+ OPS 121+ from the right side.

Are you also alright with his genuinely atrocious OF defense? Or do you want to pay him $100 million to DH?

5 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Are you also alright with his genuinely atrocious OF defense? Or do you want to pay him $100 million to DH?

He'd DH some, but if we want a legit RH bat, that's the one I want.  He mashes lefties, he can hold his own against righties.  If he's atrocious on defense, so be it.  He's not going to be in the field every day, he'd DH a good chunk.