I was under the impression...

PrivateO

...that the name was the Red Sox.

I mean, I understand the historic aspect, but shouldn't the socks actually be red. Brad Penny was rocking the navy ones vs. the Angels a few days ago.

EDIT: Can't find a picture just yet. But to me, it's just like the Yankees uniform. (And I know that these have been out since December, but these new uniforms just annoy me. They're not the Boston Navy Sox.)

...that the name was the Red Sox.

I mean, I understand the historic aspect, but shouldn't the socks actually be red. Brad Penny was rocking the navy ones vs. the Angels a few days ago.

EDIT: Can't find a picture just yet. But to me, it's just like the Yankees uniform. (And I know that these have been out since December, but these new uniforms just annoy me. They're not the Boston Navy Sox.)

Those are their new road alternates that they just got this year. Those were the first time they were worn in a game. Plus the White Sox wear Black Soxs all the time.

Those are their new road alternates that they just got this year. Those were the first time they were worn in a game. Plus the White Sox wear Black Soxs all the time.

But the White Sox have always done that. Are these new Red Sox ones an alternate, or will they be the official away jersey? So far every game I've seen them play, they've been wearing the navy. Red just looks better...

The road jersey lettering was changed to navy this year, and I guess the socks were as well. The navy lettering is actually more in line with their historical uniform. They put "Boston" in red from 1973-78 and 1990-2008.

I don't think they've worn solid navy socks since 1907, though. They're probably best known for the red-white-blue stirrups.

The road jersey lettering was changed to navy this year, and I guess the socks were as well. The navy lettering is actually more in line with their historical uniform. They put "Boston" in red from 1973-78 and 1990-2008.

I don't think they've worn solid navy socks since 1907, though. They're probably best known for the red-white-blue stirrups.

I'm fine with the navy lettering, but it just seems odd to me that they'd take out the red socks. I mean, Boston Red Sox. Red socks. It just fits.

Bugs me...

Archived