Apologies to those of you who have grown used to some semblance of draft reporting from me over the past few years... however, my typical efforts have been set aside as I have focused on publishing my novel (due out in 3 months).

I try to keep up as best I can, and I hope to be able to contribute something as the draft approaches.

Again, sorry if anyone has been let down, but I can see that others are doing a fine job of reviewing these amateurs.

Greg,

Out of curiosity, what will the novel be about (baseball,personal life or other)?

Good luck finishing the book!

My publisher said it will take about three months before it is available to the public, but it is virtually ready now. It's called SoulBound and its what I would term as a supernatural thriller.

It revolves around the main character, Jimmy, who discovers as a boy that he has a unique gift; he is a soul collector. At twelve years old he has the soul of a 31 year-old woman merge with him, and she speaks to him just like anyone else would, except she's dead and no one besides Jimmy can hear her. Over time, he bonds with eleven other souls; men, woman, people from various countries and times in history… and he carries within him their memories, abilities, and emotions. He refers to them as the SoulBound. He is now 26 and a highly regarded history professor that speaks six languages… and he's in love.

Dee, the love of his life, is unaware of the SoulBound, so Jimmy must tell her, while also trying to deal with the dark mystery behind the death of his latest and youngest soul; a six-year old girl named Carrie Ann. He discovers that she was murdered by a serial killer called The Shadow That Speaks, and with the help of his SoulBound, Jimmy must hunt him down, as the FBI can't catch him.

The book is often quite romantic, and involves a full gambit of emotions, and speaks genuinely to the essence of the human condition, life and death, and good versus evil… while taking the reader for a wild ride. I hope it makes it... I had a great time writing it. :)

My publisher said it will take about three months before it is available to the public, but it is virtually ready now. It's called SoulBound and its what I would term as a supernatural thriller.

It revolves around the main character, Jimmy, who discovers as a boy that he has a unique gift; he is a soul collector. At twelve years old he has the soul of a 31 year-old woman merge with him, and she speaks to him just like anyone else would, except she's dead and no one besides Jimmy can hear her. Over time, he bonds with eleven other souls; men, woman, people from various countries and times in history… and he carries within him their memories, abilities, and emotions. He refers to them as the SoulBound. He is now 26 and a highly regarded history professor that speaks six languages… and he's in love.

Dee, the love of his life, is unaware of the SoulBound, so Jimmy must tell her, while also trying to deal with the dark mystery behind the death of his latest and youngest soul; a six-year old girl named Carrie Ann. He discovers that she was murdered by a serial killer called The Shadow That Speaks, and with the help of his SoulBound, Jimmy must hunt him down, as the FBI can't catch him.

The book is often quite romantic, and involves a full gambit of emotions, and speaks genuinely to the essence of the human condition, life and death, and good versus evil… while taking the reader for a wild ride. I hope it makes it... I had a great time writing it. :)

Sounds interesting. In HS, my friend used to collect people's "souls" for various items. They would write down on a piece of paper X's soul. Interesting topic.

Sounds like an interesting book. I am definitely going to buy it and read it. That is one of my number one priorities lol.

Sounds interesting. In HS, my friend used to collect people's "souls" for various items. They would write down on a piece of paper X's soul. Interesting topic.

Thanks.

Sounds like an interesting book. I am definitely going to buy it and read it. That is one of my number one priorities lol.

Much appreciated. :D

It is a very good read. And gripping.

• 3 weeks later...
Dammit, I aways look forward to Greg Pappas' posts about the amateur draft.

Why have you forsaken us? ;):D

He's with us in spirit, just has a lot going on. You'll see him chime in here and there, but I'm sure he's reading all of our debates :)

• 1 month later...

I lost my soul to poster "bigbiegoesdown" in 7th grade in a game we made up running around a pool table trying to hit the 8ball in any pocket with the cue ball.

He has since been generous enough to return my soul, but the transaction was done in the same paper and pen fashion you speak of.

I lost my soul to poster "bigbiegoesdown" in 7th grade in a game we made up running around a pool table trying to hit the 8ball in any pocket with the cue ball.

He has since been generous enough to return my soul, but the transaction was done in the same paper and pen fashion you speak of.

We're all thankful for your soul's return... whew, that was close, eh? ;)

We're all thankful for your soul's return... whew, that was close, eh? ;)

Yea, although I held my own without it!

What's a soul?

An immaterial spirit that comprises the very essence of YOU! How the immaterial and material realms interact in some sort of causal story is up for debate (as is the very concept of dualism).

I'd recommend seeing the first Mortal Kombat movie with a particular focus on Shang Tsung to continue your soul education.

Archived