Orioles vs Rangers 4/24

Oriolesfan1988

Walker had thrown 11 pitches in the last 10 days coming into this game. I'm thinking we don't need to worry too much about his workload at the moment.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=3620

You are forgetting all the warmup pitches he has to throw as well. Those all add up. Granted he hadn't been used in a day or so, but still one more day of inactivity wouldn't have hurt him.

And you burn through Ray and now likely JJ again to get to Sherrill...

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was always DCab's excuse. ;) Padilla has been known to be a headhunter in the past. This isn't something new...

Well...it's no doubt he was throwing purpose pitches earlier...but unless Markakis' head is now on his knee...

The way Padilla fell off after his delivery suggested to me he overthrew and it got away. But, since he was headhunting earlier, of course it's going to look intentional.

You are forgetting all the warmup pitches he has to throw as well. Those all add up. Granted he hadn't been used in a day or so, but still one more day wouldn't have hurt him.

Well, DT is gonna frequently use him as a LOOGY, no matter how many warm-up pitches are involved. It's the nature of LOOGY-ness.

Depends on who you ask. I bet he wanted to throw inside a bit, but I don't think he was trying the hit him. Why would he? I just think he doesn't know where it's going...

That was quite a bit inside. I don't think it was simply a brushback pitch. Ideally your right that it doesn't make much sense considering he blew his only chance to win the game after putting Markakis on base but Padilla doesn't seem like the sharpest knife and has been frustrated quite a bit tonight. We'll see how the series progresses but I wouldn't be suprised to see Hamilton or Kinsler plunked at some point.

Walker had thrown 11 pitches in the last 10 days coming into this game. I'm thinking we don't need to worry too much about his workload at the moment.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=3620

Nice. As bad as our starters were for the first 2 weeks- they've resembled a solid lot the past 6 days. It's not as if other teams don't have the same problems we do as well. Manager has to do what he's gotta do.

He was trying to hit him IMO. I've been watching Padilla closely tonight. He has had pretty pinpoint control of his fastball all night. It looked to me like he was saying "2 outs, nobody on, 7th inning, I'm just about out of here, I've buzzed guys faces all night, time to hit someone". He clearly pulled that ball on purpose IMO. I could almost see him steer it. I'm not that upset with him as he aimed at the thigh which is where you're supposed to do it, but I'm just about positive he hit him on purpose.

Wiggy is really hurting us tonight.

Yeah- cept I thought for a second it hit his kneecap- which would not have been good. The dude was throwing way to much at the head tonight for him to feel as though he still needed to plunk someone. The message was sent- now we need pay back.

Archived