He's a LOOGY!

Lt Melmo

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was calling it all along in the game thread. There's no MMQBing going on here.

Thats horse hockey, you may have called it, but why is everyone is a rush to post the first reactionary/ blame this loss on this guy thread???????

It's baseball, their is a goat and hero every night.

Koji should get a thread tonight praising his start and effort, not four about why we lost the game.

And every other managers reign. I am not sticking up for DT, but this is freaking baseball. Poop happens. It is just one loss.

If we want to point fingers.....Ty Wigginton was brutal tonight..

But it is much easier to blame the game on one person, so lets pick DT... :rolleyes:

No manager is perfect, but stuff like this happens around baseball every night....

This is what happens in losses. The players are the ones who win them, the managers are the ones who lose them.

If Johnson could just have done his job and not caused Sherrill have to come into the 8th inning because of it, then Young doesn't hit the dramatic game winner.

I blame Johnson more than Sherrill for this loss.

This bullpen is terrible in close games. They need to pick up any starter when they pitch as well as Kojie did, not blow it for them!:angryfire:

Johnson had out #3 but Itzturis didn't make the play. Blame the offense too, they had plenty of chances to break the game open and they didn't get it done.

If Izturis had made the play on a slow grounder instead of stumbling then JJ wouldn't have given up any runs.

JJ was getting hit pretty good. He wasn't close to striking anyone out like he usually does. I do agree this was all Trembley's fault as he totally mis-managed the bullpen in this one.

Yeh, Hank and I were saying that in the game thread. If they didn't think Sherrill could get away with his curve against those guys at all, I'm not sure what chance he actually had. 8 straight fastballs to those two hitters in the same general location just isn't going to work.

The man truly needs a change up.

The man really needs to be made a LOOGY/setup guy again, and shouldn't be asked to get 4 outs on back to back appearances.

but if we all see what Sherrill's ideal role is I assure you he and the staff does as well. If Ray keeps pitching the way he has recently it's just a matter of time before he's moved into the closer's role.

We'd like to thing that, but if so, then why hasn't it been changed already? Sweet Lou (Pinella) only needed what, 3 days to figure out that Kevin Gregg wasn't his closer. If it's good enough for one of the better managers of all time, it should be good enough for DT.

JJ was getting hit pretty good. He wasn't close to striking anyone out like he usually does. I do agree this was all Trembley's fault as he totally mis-managed the bullpen in this one.

Why does that matter, if he would've gotten out of the inning if not for a fluke play?

I'm betting Izturis makes that play at least 80% of the time, in which case this topic and Trea's and Roy's and Melmo's is a complete moot point.

Sorry, 4 hits in 2/3 of an inning..or say 3 hits in 2/3 is not acceptable as a setup man.

It doesn't matter how many hits he gives up. If Itzturis makes a play that he makes 99 times out of 100 he gets out of the inning. Did he have a good outing? No. But he did his job, he was out of the inning. When that ball was hit we all said, phew, he's out of it and Itzturis didn't get it done.

Archived