He's a LOOGY!

Lt Melmo

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Johnson could just have done his job and not caused Sherrill have to come into the 8th inning because of it, then Young doesn't hit the dramatic game winner.

I blame Johnson more than Sherrill for this loss.

This bullpen is terrible in close games. They need to pick up any starter when they pitch as well as Kojie did, not blow it for them!:angryfire:

If Wigginton does his job we win. 6 LOB.:angryfire:

My last post in the game thread:

BTW, the ignore feature just rocks. I'm not even upset right now. Brilliant feature, brilliant

BTW2, I agree that the result with Kinsler and Young shouldn't be that surprising. Those type of righty hitters are going to give Sherrill fits.

Your right. I have no problems with the buttons Trembley pushed tonight. If your going to criticize Trembley IMO it should be for the roles he has set up right now, specifically Sherrill as the closer. As I said in the other thread if Ray keeps pitching the way he has recently it is just a matter of time before he has the gig.

Seems like Sherrill was pitching "not to lose" against Kinsler and especially Young. He didn't mix his pitches or his location. He kept going fastball away. Young especially is an opposite field hitter. By staying away from him they were actually playing to his strength as a hitter. The pitch was supposed to be down but it seems like Sherrill/Zaun were afraid to keep him honest by coming inside too. BTW, Trembley is over doing it with the roles. I didn't see the game until the top of the 9th but I see no reason why Ray couldn't or shouldn't have pitched the 8th. Trembley has it in his mind that Ray is his 7th, Johnson is his 8th, and Sherrill is his 9th.

Agree here...I didn't see Ray's outing but it was only 2 batters, right?

JJ has pitched some recently, so bring Ray back out and let him go in the 8th.

This is what happens in losses. The players are the ones who win them, the managers are the ones who lose them.

Yeah it is easier to blame the manager, then five particular players.

DT is one of the most accountable and honest people I have listened to in a long time. I am not only talking sports, but in business and personally as well.

Some people on here were the kids who got in trouble, and then furiously pointed their finger in someone's else direction. Unreal.

Wow, I can't believe anyone would have this opinion. Just wow.

okay, maybe just a knee-jerk reaction.

But I can't remember the last time I felt good with him coming in, regardless of who was due up.

It's all a moot point unless DT and the front office man up and make some sort of change.

That's my favorite line from Raising Arizona.

Hard to beat "It's not armed robbery if the gun isn't loaded."

;)

This roster as constructed, in the stage that the organization is in, lends itself to games like this. Nobody should be surprised when losses like this happen. Yet, after every loss, inevitably we see multiple threads complaining about (insert name here) not being able to (fill in the blank).

They asked Sherrill after the game what he got beat on and he said, "No... it was a fastball. I showed him too many of them in the same place."

Well, at least he knows what he did wrong, I guess.

He's even keel as all get out, I'll give him that.

What a giant turd this was. 'Night all.

If Johnson could just have done his job and not caused Sherrill have to come into the 8th inning because of it, then Young doesn't hit the dramatic game winner.

I blame Johnson more than Sherrill for this loss.

This bullpen is terrible in close games. They need to pick up any starter when they pitch as well as Kojie did, not blow it for them!:angryfire:

Are you kidding....are you going to blame Johnson for the bloop hit, or the bad hop. Blaming Johnson for the loss is rediculous. Blaming Sherrill for the loss is the rediculous. Blaming Trembley or wigginton for the loss is rediculous. The fact is if any one of them had done their job the team would have won. This was a team loss, they happen.

The one thing I did not like from this game was the tone it set for the rest of the series. It was very similar to the first Boston game. I would like the see the Orioles get the starter out of the game in no more than 3 innings tomorrow. And I would like to see an Orioles pitcher come up and in on ranger hitter. The Orioles were pushed around this game. They functionally threw at Orioles hitters 4 times this game. The Orioles need to respond by pushing texas around tomorrow.

Archived