He's a LOOGY!

Lt Melmo

Right. Be interesting to see how long it lasts.

I wonder what will happen the first time some guy throws 140p and gets a sore arm soon after. Here's what I expect: Suddenly Ryan will be on one side of the issue, and have 23 guys on the other side, ganging up and telling him to butt out. The party line will be that Ryan's a freak with a bionic arm, and he should quit destroying merely-human pitchers who don't have one. The idea of abandoning pitch counts will be labeled heresy, the guy with the sore arm will be cited as further proof, and whether his sore arm really had anything to do with the 140p won't matter one bit. That's my guess, anyway.

You are likely right. And that kind of attitude has to stop.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you think that it's great that all new ideas are squashed?

Of course not. I said I'm not defending it, I'm just observing it. It's the nature of things.

I don't think natural disasters are great either, but I'm not insisting that "Hurricanes and earthquakes must stop!"

In terms of anybody's ability to impact it, it's the same kind of thing. Different causes, but equally unsolvable.

Of course not. I said I'm not defending it, I'm just observing it. It's the nature of things.

I don't think natural disasters are great either, but I'm not insisting that "Hurricanes and earthquakes must stop!"

In terms of anybody's ability to impact it, it's the same kind of thing. Different causes, but equally unsolvable.

Spoken like someone who doesn't WANT to see change.

Spoken like someone who doesn't WANT to see change.

Oh stop. I like change just fine. Just ask anybody who I ever worked for, they'll tell you ;-)

I just have different ideas than you do about whether making arguments on a message board about the need for change makes it happen, that's all. I say it doesn't. You seem to think it does.

EDIT: Not just on a message board. Anywhere. Newspapers. The floor of Congress. Hyde Park. Anywhere. Whatever causes change, logical argument isn't it. Now, once change is ready to happen, logical argument can maybe push it over the top. But that's a minor part.

Oh stop. I like change just fine. Just ask anybody who I ever worked for, they'll tell you ;-)

I just have different ideas than you do about whether making arguments on a message board about the need for change makes it happen, that's all. I say it doesn't. You seem to think it does.

EDIT: Not just on a message board. Anywhere. Newspapers. The floor of Congress. Hyde Park. Anywhere. Whatever causes change, logical argument isn't it. Now, once change is ready to happen, logical argument can maybe push it over the top. But that's a minor part.

Heady stuff Shack. Much too deep for this venue I'm afraid.:rofl:

It seems to me there are two different issues here.

I think Baez should close. He has the stuff and the experience doing it.

While I agree that a different closer should be utilized, I think that Baez is in a better role in lock-down long relief. His innings in ST trying for starter helped him get here. If I were Andy, I'd either move JJ into the closer role (not sure if he has the mental coolness) or look into the farm for a high K rate flamethrower.

While I agree that a different closer should be utilized, I think that Baez is in a better role in lock-down long relief. His innings in ST trying for starter helped him get here. If I were Andy, I'd either move JJ into the closer role (not sure if he has the mental coolness) or look into the farm for a high K rate flamethrower.
Baez makes great sense IMO. He has had success in the past as a closer and if he closes for the O's with some success he will have great value at the trade deadline.

Archived