He's a LOOGY!

Lt Melmo

Salty: Switch

Andrus: Right

Kinsler: Right

Young: Right

For god's sake, this stubbornness with the role-playing is entering Perlozzo levels. Sherill is not a closer and the only time he should be pitching to a right-handed batter is if they're batting between two lefties.

This is something that absolutely needs to be changed ASAP.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Salty: Switch

Andrus: Right

Kinsler: Right

Young: Right

For god's sake, this stubbornness with the role-playing is entering Perlozzo levels. Sherill is not a closer and the only time he should be pitching to a right-handed batter is if they're batting between two lefties.

This is something that absolutely needs to be changed ASAP.

Agreed... I had a terrible feeling that when JJ gave up those runs in 8th Sherril would end up blowing this game.

We need to install Ray as closer and let Sherril set-up like he was always meant to do.

I wonder if McPhail and/or Trembley actually believe that GS is a quality closer or if they are just trying to inflate his trade value by racking up some saves? If its the former, I would be very concerned. I like GS, but he is in the complete wrong role. He is not a closer, or even an 8th inning guy. Like the thread title says....he is a LOOGY.

Once again, Trembley pushes the wrong buttons in a game the Orioles should have won.

I understand Uehara did give up a HR, but he did get the next out and there were two outs with the bases empty and Davis due up. Davis was 0-2 vs. Uehara and Koji was at 92 pitches.

Trembley brings in Walker, who can't get Davis. So then he brings in Ray who labors for the last out, forcing JJ to come in to pitch the 8th after pitching last night. JJ understandably isn't as sharp, gives up another run, and that forces Trembley to have Sherrill to come in with the bases juiced for a four out save after he'd pitched an inning the night before.

Sherrill does strike out the batter, and we go to the ninth. Sherrill has one out. He has to get four total. He gets two, but can't get the third before giving a single to Kinsler up a go-ahead HR to Young. Those first two should have been the save.

Had Trembley pitched Uehara one more batter, he could have saved Walker. Ray could have pitched the 8th with a two run lead and Trembley could have Walker and JJ both available in that inning. And Sherrill would have only had to get three outs.

Trembley's bullpen management cost us this game tonight. Granted Sherrill didn't deliever, but asking him to get four outs after pitching an inning the night before was just too much. And had Ray pitched the 8th, perhaps Sherrill would have a two run lead to work with and then it would have only been a tie game.

Disgusting.

The bigger question is how on Earth do you throw 8 straight fastballs to their two best right handed hitters?!?!??!!

That is just horrible decision making. You can't expect to get away with crap like that at this level when your fastball is 88-91 mph.

But who can we blame that on? Zaun or Sherrill?

The guy you all love..JJ, filthy, whatever, allowed the top of the order to come to the plate. You face Young, Hamilton et al you open the possibility to lose. And Ray lovers, he wasn't impressive either. I know Sherrill is not the ideal closer, but the are no other options at this time for this team.

If Johnson could just have done his job and not caused Sherrill have to come into the 8th inning because of it, then Young doesn't hit the dramatic game winner.

I blame Johnson more than Sherrill for this loss.

This bullpen is terrible in close games. They need to pick up any starter when they pitch as well as Kojie did, not blow it for them!:angryfire:

Trembley may have his positives and what not, but managing a bullpen is not one of them. GS was a decent option when there were no other options to close, but we have those other options now and GS should be moved to a role to get out key lefties. Our bullpen is garbage when Walker is our only option to bring in to get out the tough lefties.

The guy you all love..JJ, filthy, whatever, allowed the top of the order to come to the plate. You face Young, Hamilton et al you open the possibility to lose. And Ray lovers, he wasn't impressive either. I know Sherrill is not the ideal closer, but the are no other options at this time for this team.

To be fair, JJ should have been out of that inning without giving up a run. Itzturis caused the 3rd run to be scored.

Archived