COllege Conference Tourneys

SEC Tourny

I am pumped for LSU this year. They won the regular season SEC championship.

Louis Coleman and Anthony Ranaudo carried their pitching this year. Manny Ott was a beast out of the bullpen.

Sure, steal our coach from us and resurrect your program....;)

Looking forward to watching LSU as well -- the SEC tourney is usually a bloodbath.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was looking at the pitching, primarily.

I think Dietrich, from a draft standpoint, could be an early selection. Decent bat and solid defense at SS. Obviously, I'd like him to cut down on the strikeouts a little. I'll pay closer attention in the tourney and let you know -- I've actually only seen him once this year.

Oh, I was totally agreeing with you. UVA and FSU are going to be beast next year, no question.

Dietrich, I just remember they were all over him as a top recruit when he came in, and I don't really see it with him.

Oh, I was totally agreeing with you. UVA and FSU are going to be beast next year, no question.

Dietrich, I just remember they were all over him as a top recruit when he came in, and I don't really see it with him.

I was expecting more from him, production wise. He looked fine in the field when I saw him. Shrug. I don't have a strong opinion. I think he's clearly in line to be a pre-season Top 200 draft guy. The summer will determine if he gets Top 50 hype or not.

Sure, steal our coach from us and resurrect your program....;)

Looking forward to watching LSU as well -- the SEC tourney is usually a bloodbath.

It was a great steal too. LSU has struggled to live up to their teams of the '90s. Ever since then, expectations have been way too high. Mainieri has been huge for us.

I love watching LSU in the College World Series. They always seem to have some of the most exciting games. Last year was no different. I lost a couple years off my life.

It was a great steal too. LSU struggled once Berkman left. Mainieri has been huge for us.

I love watching LSU in the College World Series. They always seem to have some of the most exciting games. Last year was no different. I lost a couple years off my life.

Mainieri was wonderful at ND -- I'm glad we had him as long as we did.

SEC Tourny

I am pumped for LSU this year. They won the regular season SEC championship.

Louis Coleman and Anthony Ranaudo carried their pitching this year. Manny Ott was a beast out of the bullpen.

I'm watching Drew Pomeranz and Ole Miss battle the Bulldawgs today. No score through four and 1/2 and Pomeranz looks like a smooth operator. Has he projectability?

I'm watching Drew Pomeranz and Ole Miss battle the Bulldawgs today. No score through four and 1/2 and Pomeranz looks like a smooth operator. Has he projectability?

He'll be draft eligible next year and will certainly be an SEC arm to watch. He was all-conference freshman last year.

He'll be draft eligible next year and will certainly be an SEC arm to watch. He was all-conference freshman last year.

Thanks! btw - Matt Cerone with the grand salami to deep CF for the Dawg lead in the 6th off Pomeranz.

Thanks! btw - Matt Cerone with the grand salami to deep CF for the Dawg lead in the 6th off Pomeranz.

Have Cerione in my first OF "Quick Hits". I've seen him ply three times this year -- good defense in CF, strong frame, solid speed. He can drive the ball gap-to-gap but loses come bat control with his big swings. He also cuts into his speed out of the box by holding his follow-through a little long. I'd look at him in the 7th round and on.

Have Cerione in my first OF "Quick Hits". I've seen him ply three times this year -- good defense in CF, strong frame, solid speed. He can drive the ball gap-to-gap but loses come bat control with his big swings. He also cuts into his speed out of the box by holding his follow-through a little long. I'd look at him in the 7th round and on.

He's been struggling lately according to the announcers but he showed nice speed rounding the bases full speed after the dinger! The energy level of the college players is so different from MiL and MLB players, save for a Pedroia type ML'er.

I would like to get one last look at White, Green, and Gibson for the 5th pick
Green is on the road this weekend for USCs last series (I think at Cal Berkley). Not televised, so far as I know.

White should pitch on Friday against UVA. Gibson, I'd guess is throwing Friday against Texas Tech or today against A&M.

FYI, if you're wanting to watch Gibson, the Big 12 website has streaming video of all the games during the tournament. It looks like he will be throwing today.

He's been struggling lately according to the announcers but he showed nice speed rounding the bases full speed after the dinger! The energy level of the college players is so different from MiL and MLB players, save for a Pedroia type ML'er.

Bulldawgs knock off conference leader Ole Miss 6-3; Matt Cerione with 5 ribbies.

Might go catch the Tide and Kent Matthes tonight if I can talk someone into going w/ me. Too bad they don't serve beer at these things.

At the ACC, they'd let you take a backpack and wouldn't search it. I'd bring in an entire handle of Crown. At the least, get a flask. They usually look the other way, just like for football.

Archived