Being Gutsy in the Bronx – 5/20

O's are Legends

Wiggy picked a good day to not stink

Speaking of stink. I missed the HR cuz I had to drop a load. Brought my laptop to get the updates via the site though. Thanks guys. ;)

ps- Normally wouldnt be that crude here, but IMO- watching the Yankees games, I need some comedy...

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris Ray's mom is going to be joining Buck and Gary tomorrow in New York, huh? They better hope he doesn't make an appearance and ruin her visit.

They're trying to get his in quick before he gets a trip to Norfolk

And what if he gets a good pitch that is a borderline strike. You're forcing your best hitter to swing at anything around the strike zone. Not a terrible call, but just my opinion that I prefer to let Nick make the choice on what to swing at there.

Also we do seem to hit and run on any 3-1 count with a guy on 1st. I guess that's not the case but it must be half the time.

The good thing about doing it with Nick and Roberts is that with Roberts, you still have a decent chance that he steals outright even if NIck takes it. I don't think you are forcing nick to swing at anything near the strike zone. Nick has tremendous plate discipline in being able to discern balls and strikes. If he thinks it's a ball, he is not to swing regardless of how close it is. I guess it's more like a run and hit.

But I do understand your point.

My point is their is minimal beneit in sending the runner there when there's already a good possibility good things are going to happen. Why risk a disaster?

And had we not send him, maybe Nick grounds into a DP. Who knows?

It's a 3-1 count. He's probably going to get a fat pitch. Why would you screw with that?

I just don't understand. How's it added pressure. If the pitch is a ball, you have him take it for a walk. A fastball for a strike, he's swinging anyway.

He's your best hitter. And it's a hitter's count. If you send Roberts and Markakis hits it, it radically increases your chances of scoring two runs or having a runner on third with one out.

You're saying that when your best hitter is up, and it's the most favorable count imaginable, that it's a bad idea to hit and run. And that's fine. But I don't think it's because of "pressure."

Frankly, Markakis hasn't been doing much recently. I can see why they sent him.

That was a funny interview with Luke, almost made me forget about the game.
Felix is seriously clowning on Scott! :laughlol:
Wow. I love to see the joviality of Pie and Luke Scott right there. Nice to see that.

That was great. I was actually laughing out loud. Then Felix slinks off...

Archived