6/3 Orioles @ M's Cool Hand Luke and IceBerg

24HOR

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Conventional wisdom says take him out.

I like the call though. Let him learn... let him battle it out... and as I type it he gets the out.

I'm becoming a Bergeson lover right now. Man crush is definitely building.

Agree 100%. This was the right call to let him fight through it. Big picture folks!

Bergy's night is done for sure. Hell of a job when he was clearly tiring.

Baez pitches the 8th if we dont score, JJ if we do.

In other good news, assuming we can get the M's 6 up, 6 down, Ichiro would not bat again.

Now lets get one here and close the door!

I don't care if he gets Beltre or not. This is bad managing.

Disagree completely. If this is a learning season, Bergesen has to learn how to handle tough situations late in the game. He did exactly that. And, he can look back on it and see that his manager had his back and had faith in him to get the job done. He'll pitch his ass of for Trembley because he knows that his manager is willing to stick by him.

If it's me, I had Sherrill warming and ready to get the ML hitters (Ichiro through Griffey, since three of four are lefties). Then, you put in Baez to throw to the Minor Leaguers and JJ if we take the lead.

I'm not a major league manager though.

Nice pitching. He learned something there.

But did anybody here learning anything? I had to quit reading while that was going on because I knew there'd be 3pp of posts about how the sky is falling, DT sucks, and the Oriole's always piss on your dreams...

Archived