6/3 Orioles @ M's Cool Hand Luke and IceBerg

24HOR

Everyone is frustrated, some just choose to channel said frustration at the fans of the same team they root for who just watched the same thing they watched by getting all righteous on them about how silly they are to blame a loss on any sort of mistake or incompetence.

Extremely perceptive post. +Rep.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last I checked a baseball game is played over 9 innings, not one inning. Several things were done wrong this game.

That being said, calling the team garbage and such is pretty silly but it's a hell of a frustrating loss tonight.

Go ahead, let yourself feel a little Shack, this one hurts.

Several things were done wrong by both teams. The M's had lots of chances to score too and they didn't either.

Am I happy about the O's mistakes? Of course not. I don't like it anymore than anybody else does.

I think I just gotta quit watching close games with the game thread on. I'll just tune in when sometimes when we're up 9-2. In a close game, there's just too many crybabies, anger-thumpers, and doom-sayers for it to be tolerable. If we're down by 1, people start talking like it's a lost cause in the 3rd inning. Every time there is a tense moment, or something really important happening, there's always a parade of posts dissing the team, blasting the manager, predicting the worst, and saying things that are downright stupid. Just go back and read the crap people were saying every time it was tense. If you didn't know better, when you read the stuff people say here, you'd think half the people posting here hate the team. Being frustrated is one thing. Some of the stuff that gets said around here is something else.

I guess maybe I'm just not cut out for game threads. I'm not trying to ruin other people's fun.

Several things were done wrong by both teams. The M's had lots of chances to score too and they didn't either.

There's a BIG difference between missed opportunities (Griffey's pop out in the 1st, Beltre's ground out in the 7th) and mental/managerial errors (the hit and run, the pick-offs, the bullpen management (lack thereof), putting guys out there who are completely clueless at the plate).

If you throw Beltre ANYTHING offspeed, he strikes out unless you miss by 4 feet.

Same situation at home vs. the MFY's on Mother's Day.

Everyone in the stadium is looking fastball, including the guy at the plate who has a history of swinging at everything.

So why, I ask you?

We do have a rookie calling the pitches.

Am I happy about the O's mistakes? Of course not. I don't like it anymore than anybody else does.

I think I just gotta quit watching close games with the game thread on. I'll just tune in when sometimes when we're up 9-2. In a close game, there's just too many crybabies, anger-thumpers, and doom-sayers for it to be tolerable. If we're down by 1, people start talking like it's a lost cause in the 3rd inning. Every time there is a tense moment, or something really important happening, there's always a parade of posts dissing the team, blasting the manager, predicting the worst, and saying things that are downright stupid. Just go back and read the crap people were saying every time it was tense. If you didn't know better, when you read the stuff people say here, you'd think half the people posting here hate the team. Being frustrated is one thing. Some of the stuff that gets said around here is something else.

I guess maybe I'm just not cut out for game threads. I'm not trying to ruin other people's fun.

I'm picking up what you're laying down and do agree with you for the most part. The ridiculous inning by inning, pitch by pitch over reactionary posts are annoying, but i've quickly learned to just skim over them and just not let it bother me. It appears to bother you, but I get it.

I've learned not to act that way as i've matured as a person and a fan, but the overall body of work for this game was enough to have me very frustrated. I think it's okay to express that here and there.

Having gotten in a fair amount of spats with you in the past, I think even you could acknowledge my evolution in this area... but there's still nothing wrong with acknowledging your inner "fan"atic at times.

Having gotten in a fair amount of spats with you in the past, I think even you could acknowledge my evolution in this area... but there's still nothing wrong with acknowledging your inner "fan"atic at times.

Well, I have zero problems with you even when we *are* having a spat ;-)

I don't mind when somebody fusses at me. Sometimes they're right and I'm wrong.

But this is different. I know all about the O's being bad. I know all about being frustrated by them. I think I've watched the O's suck for as long as anybody has, and longer than most. People who talk about the "last 11 years" don't know the half of it, because it's been bad way longer than just that. In a way, I could even claim it's worse for me, simply because I know what it was like when they were good all the time. While I'm an old fart by the standards of some, in the subjective movie inside me, it seems like just the other day when they were winning all the time. I can see the 1st inning of the O's 1st WS game play out in my mind, see where the back-to-back dingers by Frank and Brooks went. So, I know what the Orioles are supposed to act like. I'm not naive about that. Therefore, I know when they're not acting right, because I know what to compare it to. And if you add up the hours and minutes and weeks and years of frustration, I'm right there with anybody. So, it's kinda hard for me to take it seriously when some impatient moron who appears to know next to nothing about baseball, and has a lot of completely stupid ideas about it, starts lecturing me about what matters and about what it means to be frustrated. (I will trust that you know I'm not talking about you.)

Well, I have zero problems with you even when we *are* having a spat ;-)

I don't mind when somebody fusses at me. Sometimes they're right and I'm wrong.

But this is different. I know all about the O's being bad. I know all about being frustrated by them. I think I've watched the O's suck for as long as anybody has, and longer than most. People who talk about the "last 11 years" don't know the half of it, because it's been bad way longer than just that. In a way, I could even claim it's worse for me, simply because I know what it was like when they were good all the time. While I'm an old fart by the standards of some, in the subjective movie inside me, it seems like just the other day when they were winning all the time. I can see the 1st inning of the O's 1st WS game play out in my mind, see where the back-to-back dingers by Frank and Brooks went. So, I know what the Orioles are supposed to act like. I'm not naive about that. Therefore, I know when they're not acting right, because I know what to compare it to. And if you add up the hours and minutes and weeks and years of frustration, I'm right there with anybody. So, it's kinda hard for me to take it seriously when some impatient moron who appears to know next to nothing about baseball, and has a lot of completely stupid ideas about it, starts lecturing me about what matters and about what it means to be frustrated. (I will trust that you know I'm not talking about you.)

I tried to positive rep you, but can't. Either way, I'm going to go ahead and assume that you're not talking about me in this diatribe either, and I'm going to go ahead and call it a game. Because if you ARE talking about me, you're way, way off base.

Archived