2nd round pick - Mychel Givens - SS - HS

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Freaking Mariners took Poythress.

I would bet he would have been our pick...

There's no way to know. Plenty of teams passed on Poythress, so we could have easily done the same. Krauss would have been nice. Great name on that guy ;)

Nah, we didn't really have a chance at him.

I hope we can nab one of the catchers in the third round.

Enough with the pitching...

I'd like to see a hitter too, but I haven't been paying attention enough to know who's still available/good.

Anyways - what's the word on this Mychal guy?

Stay on subject guys. Regular draft talk can be talked in the other thread.

Give us some info to digest!

From the Under Armour website:

"Although 2008 grad and #1 overall pick in this year’s draft Tim Beckham attracted the most attention at shortstop, the next biggest buzz surrounded Givens. Givens makes the game look easy with his smooth actions, soft hands and explosive arm across the diamond. He is a contact hitter who profiles as a number two type hitter at the next level. This spring he has also intrigued scouts with another part of his game, a mid 90’s fastball."

this is the greatest pick ever (to me), back a couple months back I was hoping to get him with the 5th, but now we got him at 2:5, and I could not be happier. hes fast, good defensively, can hit for contact, and has room for power....hes gunna be a great one

this is the greatest pick ever (to me), back a couple months back I was hoping to get him with the 5th, but now we got him at 2:5, and I could not be happier. hes fast, good defensively, can hit for contact, and has room for power....hes gunna be a great one

But it appears the Orioles took him as a pitcher, which if true is a real head scratcher...

:rofl: Sorry this post cracks me up. Maybe he'll win some gold gloves from the mound.

Yeah, except he was drafted as a pitcher.

Archived