7th round selection: Aaron Wirsh, LHP, El Toro HS

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His scouting video on MLB.com doesn't look too promising to my untrained eyes, not much velocity or movement and his mechanics look real jerky. It was from over a year ago though, so hopefully he's added some size and velocity. Was throwing low 80's though.

It will be real interesting to hear Jordan talk about all these picks later in the day. Get some actual perspective on what they think each of these kids can do.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/baseball-wirsch-play-2253306-selected-aaron

Aaron Wirsch, El Toro, Pitcher, Sr.

Wirsch was a Sea View League most valuable player. He went 11-0 with 89 strikeouts in 77 1/3 innings, and posted a 1.54 ERA. He batted .346 with 12 home runs and 31 RBIs. He signed with the University of San Diego and expects to be selected within the first five rounds of the MLB draft. He will play in the O.C. All-Star Game on Tuesday night.

http://www.ocvarsity.com/photos/league-game-runs-2451922-home-run/pid2451931

His scouting video on MLB.com doesn't look too promising to my untrained eyes, not much velocity or movement and his mechanics look real jerky. It was from over a year ago though, so hopefully he's added some size and velocity. Was throwing low 80's though.

It will be real interesting to hear Jordan talk about all these picks later in the day. Get some actual perspective on what they think each of these kids can do.

His stats look nice.

I gotta assume though at some point they just start picking for organizational depth.

His stats look nice.

I gotta assume though at some point they just start picking for organizational depth.

Not in the 7th round they don't.

His stats were decent. And like I said that video is from Spring 2008, so a lot can change in that time.

His stats look nice.

Certainly not this early.

I sort've stop paying attention around Round 20 or so. Then I let the folks who follow this stuff more closely tell me who after that is worth paying attention to. ;)

Archived