Who's your 2008 SS

bigbird

Are the Sox the one who turned that down?

I don't remember...Anyway, i am just guessing here but i think Williams would prefer Miggy....Could definitely be wrong but he has been after him for 2 years.

I heard talk about the Tigers moving Guillen 1B next year.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are the Sox the one who turned that down?

I don't remember...Anyway, i am just guessing here but i think Williams would prefer Miggy....Could definitely be wrong but he has been after him for 2 years.

That's what was reported.

Yeah, he's obviously wanted him, but there's no way he wants him nearly as much now as he did 2 years ago. Who would you take between Tejada and Renteria? Tejada is owed 30M with 2 years left, Renteria is owed 9M next year, with a team option in 2009 for 11M(3M buyout).

Now if Williams would prefer Miggy, your trade could work if Garland gets his act back together. However, the way he's pitching, I can't see the Braves giving up much to get him. 6.9 ERA last month, 10.8 this month going into today where he gave up 5 earned runs in 7 innings.

Personally I hope Miggy goes to the left coast. I'd like to see Khalil Greene traded. This guy is already slugging and will get better each season. Greene is SD's version of our own NM. He's most definitely got power.

I'd love to see something worked out that DIDN'T include Bedard.

Good question, but I'd go with Milledge. He has long been a top prospect as a CF'er and one that is ready to make an impact in '08. Lillibridge is certainly a target for me as well, but this is his first year of showing that he may be very for real. I'll take Milledge in a very close call.

Thanks for your insight. I agree that Milledge is more valuable. That's why I'd suggest a Cabrera for Milledge trade (if that's even possible) and then Tejada for Wood straight up (which I think is fair for both sides). Then we have a Reimold/Milledge/Markakis outfield, Wood at short, Roberts at second, Teix at first (if we can sign him) and Wieters catching for 2009. The only real hole there is third base (though Rowell will be working his way up) and there should be enough pitching depth to keep us effective. Thoughts?

Thanks for your insight. I agree that Milledge is more valuable. That's why I'd suggest a Cabrera for Milledge trade (if that's even possible) and then Tejada for Wood straight up (which I think is fair for both sides). Then we have a Reimold/Milledge/Markakis outfield, Wood at short, Roberts at second, Teix at first (if we can sign him) and Wieters catching for 2009. The only real hole there is third base (though Rowell will be working his way up) and there should be enough pitching depth to keep us effective. Thoughts?

That is the blow it up scenario! And yes, I am all for it. But, I think it is a little far fetched that DCab could get us Milledge. I hope that I am wrong. If that is possible, I would do it. But I would also trade Huff to the Pirates for Jack Wilson, and let Wood play 3b. In '08 Wood 3B, Wilson SS, Roberts 2b, Millar1B, Hernandez C, Reimold LF, Milledge CF, Markakis RF, Mora DH/supersub. Bedard, Guthrie, Loewen, Liz, Penn, Olson........Not too bad. You have heard of a controlled burn? Lets have a controlled blow up.

I don't how good Wood is defensively, so Eli and Chollie might have a heart attack here! But, in principle, I love those moves. We get young, ML-ready talent which is what we need. That would be an exciting team to watch.

Personally I hope Miggy goes to the left coast. I'd like to see Khalil Greene traded. This guy is already slugging and will get better each season. Greene is SD's version of our own NM. He's most definitely got power.

What do you mean you you say he's their NM? He's 28 years old.

On mlb trades rumors there was a proposed Garland and Anderson for Greene,H Bell and a pitching prospect. I think the CWS would prefer Miggy.

I think Miggy lands with the Angels. They have the need (3B), the money, and are close enough to a WS to make the deal. If Miggy was on the FA market this winter he would would be one of the mose sought out players.

The has been said last month, last offseason, July of last year, and the offseason before that. It might happen, but I doubt we'll be getting back enough to make most happy on here.

The has been said last month, last offseason, July of last year, and the offseason before that. It might happen, but I don't we'll be getting back enough to make most happy on here.
The Angels have Roderiguez, a pretty good looking young SS, plus any number of pitching prospects. Wood figures more to be a 1B/3B. What about the Cubs, Cedeno and Pie/Murton for Miggy? or the Mariners, Betancourt and Balentien?

Archived