Anyone else cheering for the O's to lose?

JoeOrsulak

There are 10 teams along with the O's with 57, 58, or 59 total wins vying for the second worst record.

The devil rays are at 50 wins, don't think we catch them.

I know it is really early, but next years draft is suppose to have two of

the better positional college hitters in years: Pedro Alvarez 3rd Vandy and

Justin Smoak 1b USC. Wouldn't it be nice to be in position to draft one of those?

I assume the NL drafts first next year because the devil rays drafted this year first. So there might be some "work" to do.

We need positional prospects.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't this thread pop up every year?

My answer: I like watching this team win. I don't like watching this team lose. But I will acknowledge that at this point, on a purely rational, non emotional, non personal level, losing is probably the best thing for ANY team that has no shot at the playoffs. I'd love if we had the second pick in the draft next year. I just hate the path that leads there.

Doesn't this thread pop up every year?

My answer: I like watching this team win. I don't like watching this team lose. But I will acknowledge that at this point, on a purely rational, non emotional, non personal level, losing is probably the best thing for ANY team that has no shot at the playoffs. I'd love if we had the second pick in the draft next year. I just hate the path that leads there.

Remember a worthless sweep of the Yanks in the last series of the year cost up Teix several years ago?

Guess it is early to be looking at the standings and probably bad karma. But tough to say a part of me hasn't rooted against.

This is a terrible attitude. This isn't a hedge fund, and it ain't the NBA, it's baseball. Of all the crappy things to suggest...

understand the mlb draft is less dramatic as the nba one. the fruits aren't ripe for years to come if they ever do.

but just reading about Pedro Alvarez who has been called by Jim Callis of BA as a "generational prospect". and Keith Law of ESPN calling Justin Smoak even better then Alvarez, kind of makes it tough not to have the O's have a shot at one of them.

apologize if this thread is negative. it is meant in the best interest of the future.

Joe Orsulak wouldn't be rooting for the team to tank at the end of the year.

No he wouldn't, no he wouldn't.

But he wouldn't be making bone headed after bone headed plays in the field.

Ala Corey Patterson throwing the ball to 3rd on a fly out instead of throwing it to 2nd to keep the double play in order.

Tough to watch constant mental mistakes to continue happen.

Remember a worthless sweep of the Yanks in the last series of the year cost up Teix several years ago?

Someone refresh my memory. Who did we end up instead of Teix in that draft? Was it that FSU SP/OF who was damaged goods when he signed?

Chris Smith, we all know how his career went.

but just reading about Pedro Alvarez who has been called by Jim Callis of BA as a "generational prospect". and Keith Law of ESPN calling Justin Smoak even better then Alvarez

Hype, hype, hype. "Generational prospects" seem to come along every year.

No he wouldn't, no he wouldn't.

But he wouldn't be making bone headed after bone headed plays in the field.

Ala Corey Patterson throwing the ball to 3rd on a fly out instead of throwing it to 2nd to keep the double play in order.

Tough to watch constant mental mistakes to continue happen.

But just think, in order for us to lose enough to finish with the second worst record, you would have to watch a lot more plays like that.

Hype, hype, hype. "Generational prospects" seem to come along every year.

Hype brings hope though. Be it false hope or real hope.

What did Wieters bring us? False or real hope? We both

don't know.

Just tired of seeing us run out middle aged 4th OF's out there with bloated contracts. That just allow us to tread water year in and year out.

Not saying those guys will fulfill the hype.

Hype brings hope though. Be it false hope or real hope. What did Wieters bring us? False or real hope? We both

don't know.

Exactly. Which is why I don't even think about any of this because it's a waste of time. What happens is what's important, not what some journalist juicing up his articles to excite the readers and keep them buying says might happen.

Wieters has brought us a good prospect, nothing more, nothing less. I don't have any "hope", false or real, about him. I'll wait until after he performs in a Baltimore uniform for a while.

"Hype brings hope" is just a fantasy.

I don't cheer for the Orioles to lose per se, but I do like to see the team give chances to younger players at this time of the season, in an attempt evaluate them and also give them some experience which could help their development. If that leads to a few more losses, I don't really care.

Archived