"See The Birds" promotion shutdown

ChaosLex

Do you agree or disagree with the O's "shutting down" the WNST promotion?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree or disagree with the O's "shutting down" the WNST promotion?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scalping? ha ha ha ...that must be a joke

Really for the O's vs Tampa nose bleed seat?

So you agree they should sell the seat for a $1, then why does it matter if you have a group that wants to buy them? sell them and make $ on beer and dogs.

Dude, the Orioles have no control over the ticketmaster charge. Plus,, it is CLEARLY PRINTED on the Orioles website that "reduced charges apply"

Do you get pissed off when your "dollar menu" burger costs a 1.06 because fo tax?

I mean they didn't ADVERTISE the tax! HOW DARE THEY!

Way to troll, troll.

So you agree they should sell the seat for a $1, then why does it matter if you have a group that wants to buy them? sell them and make $ on beer and dogs.

I see that Tony banned you...I am sure you are one of morons over at NST but just to address this post...Yes, you do worry about scalping.

Its a legit concern whether you recognize it that way or not.

If one person buys 100 of those tickets, they could then turn around and sell them for $5-$10 a piece...Its still a cheaper ticket than anywhere else in the stadium but its still scalping...No team, in any sport, wants people outside their stadium scalping tickets.

I wonder how many other screen names Nestor has sitting around unused...

I am not sure if it is still the case or not but when the BRaves opened up Turner Field, they had $1 tickets. Are they a poor organization? Going to the playoffs every year in that stretch and they still did that.

And in this awful economy, it is smart to do this.

when people come into the park, they tend to spend money on other things..Its called generating revenue...Yes, the Orioles string of being pathetic means they need to do stuff like this but that doesn't take away from the intelligence of the promotion itself.

Oh and you don't sell them in huge groups because of the concern of scalping.

If the gesture was remotely genuine (to get fans out to see the O's and help Nick's foundation), they'd STILL be encouraging fans to buy a $1 ticket (plus TicketMaster's fee) AND encourage listeners to donate $1. Heck, leave the PayPal account open and a link on WNST's website so that listeners can donate anytime and as much as they want.

I'm pretty sure the $1 MASN ticket offer was never intended to be a group ticket offer. If people want to go, can't they buy their ticket and give a buck (or $50) to their favorite charity?

You are exactly correct. WNST is trying to buy up discounted tickets that are intended for sale to the public and not for the use of WNST. If Nestor wants to stand outside the stadium with a bucket and a sign to bring in money for his favorite charity, more power to him. I'm sure the team would be willing to go through their normal group sales process, as well. But this promotion was not intended for that purpose. Also, I suspect that Nestor knew that full well and was hoping to cause a problem. It's his normal modus operandi. And, I just broke one of my most important personal rule be even commenting on a thread that mentions him! :P

You know, this shows how far they have fallen. Usually there would be more of a palpable sense of outrage on the Orioles actions - but this is so blatant a ploy that no one seems to be buying it.

Except for the 20 or 30 regular listeners to their hamster power radio station. :D

The problem is that they've become irrelevant. It's ashamed because they should be something to be proud of in Baltimore, but through Nestor and Drew's actions, the place has become a joke. I can't beleive this thread has gone this long because truly, who really cares?

I just feel bad for poor Bob Haynie. Why he can't seem to get a good offer from another station is beyond me.

What really amazes me about NST is the fact that they bash their own listeners if you offer a dissenting opinion.

And if you don't like it, well "it's [Drew's] show so [he] can say what he wants. If you don't agree, you don't have to listen."

Really? Really!?

Actually, they are right. If you don't like it you DON'T have to listen. And I and others have taken them up on their suggestion. Not a good idea to antagonize potential listeners and consumers of advertised products and services and then tell them to leave.

The problem is that they've become irrelevant. It's ashamed because they should be something to be proud of in Baltimore, but through Nestor and Drew's actions, the place has become a joke. I can't beleive this thread has gone this long because truly, who really cares?

Because it's fun to pop their Bubble-Boy bubbles of arrogance :P

I just feel bad for poor Bob Haynie. Why he can't seem to get a good offer from another station is beyond me.

As many times and as many people have said this over the years, it's incomprehensible. I mean, I like Schmuck on the radio, but wouldn't it be great to have three hours of Sportsline with Bob Haynie every night on WBAL?

Actually, they are right. If you don't like it you DON'T have to listen. And I and others have taken them up on their suggestion. Not a good idea to antagonize potential listeners and consumers of advertised products and services and then tell them to leave.
I understand they are correct - it's just shocking to hear them tell listeners that if they don't agree, they should stop listening. What kind of business runs itself that way?

Funny you guys mention this, because NST has annoyed me so much that I now go out of my way to NOT bring my money to their advertisers. I wonder how many others feel this way, and I wonder how their advertisers would feel if they knew this?

Also, I find it humerous that NST claims to be REAL Orioles fans, and that they 'represent the opinions of the true Baltimore sports fan" yet an Orioles fan site, the best around mind you, with thousands of members, and only 18 people agree with NST's viewpoint on this topic! :rofl: That's rich!

As many times and as many people have said this over the years, it's incomprehensible. I mean, I like Schmuck on the radio, but wouldn't it be great to have three hours of Sportsline with Bob Haynie every night on WBAL?

As Tony said, I feel sorry for Haynie, but I suspect he has had the option to walk away and hasn't for some reason....perhaps because no other offer was waiting. He was the only reason I ever had WNST set on the radio in my car or turck.....but even he wasn't enough to keep me listening. Yeah, I would love to see him grab a slot on another station.

Archived