UF vs. Tenn

dorfmac

Typical anti-UF sentiment and Tebow backlash. He was a great guy long before the cameras started shining on him, and he doesn't ask for the attention. He's passionate about what he does - just like we want to see our O's be. Just cause ESPN hypes him up does not make HIM cocky...

As for the game I gotta agree - UT is going to get wrecked. I'm calling 53 - 17 with some specific act performed with the goal of embarassing Kiffin a la last years final minute UGA time outs.

Typical sentiment of someone who hasn't spent any time amongst gator fans. Even going back to the Zooker, they were supremely annoying.

Ask around. They take the cake for arrogance.

I don't want to reproach the above-reproachable one, but who spends their age 20 college year (especially when you are a god on campus) circumcising little asian boys?

Just because he's not doing anything illegal doesn't mean I can't dislike him (as a player).

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These are the two teams I save that special kind of hatred for (I don't even wish Auburn the ill will I wish these two teams). I hope a swarm of locusts engulfs the stadium and causes both teams to lose.

That said, Florida is going to kick the living crap out of Tennessee, which I could get some enjoyment out of. Kiffykins is a cocky little annoyance who needs to be dealt with.

No team I hate more than Floriduh. I'm hoping Tennessee can pull off the upset. I don't think they will but I can dream.

Typical sentiment of someone who hasn't spent any time amongst gator fans. Even going back to the Zooker, they were supremely annoying.

I don't want to reproach the above-reproachable one, but who spends theNir age 20 college year (especially when you are a god on campus) circumcising little asian boys?

Just because he's not doing anything illegal doesn't mean I can't dislike him (as a player).

Having lived in Florida and been a Gator fan since the mid-90s with Danny W and Ike, I have spent plenty of time around the fans and on their own turf. The anti-Tebow sentiment is appalling. You ask who spends their senior summer going and circumcising Filipino boys? I ask who is disturbed enough to criticize someone who spends their free time going to a third world country to work in an orphanage and educate the children there? I'm not getting on you for reproaching him, but I'm definitely getting on you for disliking someone because they aren't on campus taking advantage of all the young impressionable girls and is doing something positive in his spare time. I'm not usually one for cliches, but for someone who gets on Gator fans for ignorance, I guess the cliche "takes one to know one" certainly does apply.

Anyways, 2 more days til the smackdown. Rocky Top at the Swamp will have to wait another 2 years (at least).

Having lived in Florida and been a Gator fan since the mid-90s with Danny W and Ike, I have spent plenty of time around the fans and on their own turf. The anti-Tebow sentiment is appalling. You ask who spends their senior summer going and circumcising Filipino boys? I ask who is disturbed enough to criticize someone who spends their free time going to a third world country to work in an orphanage and educate the children there? I'm not getting on you for reproaching him, but I'm definitely getting on you for disliking someone because they aren't on campus taking advantage of all the young impressionable girls and is doing something positive in his spare time. I'm not usually one for cliches, but for someone who gets on Gator fans for ignorance, I guess the cliche "takes one to know one" certainly does apply.

Anyways, 2 more days til the smackdown. Rocky Top at the Swamp will have to wait another 2 years (at least).

Its one thing to go to other countries and try to spread the word of your religion (one that he no doubt feels very strongly in), which I can and do find fault with on a completely different level. But to impose a part of the religion that deprives them of pleasure (and essentially not giving them the choice whether or not to do this when they are adults) is just as ridiculous.

Clearly you aren't going to see my side of this. You are a Gator fan. I am not...however, when I moved down there, I had no predisposition to dislike/like any team in the state. UF fans turned me off IMMEDIATELY. Our campus is better than everyones. Our bars, sports teams. You only went to FSU cause you couldn't get into UF. UF is a better school because the SAT scores are higher.

My ex is a high school teacher at a very very good school, and she had kids who would refuse to go to FSU if UF wouldn't give them a full ride. At least one kid a year. Ask a Miami fan who he/she hates more. I guarantee they do not say FSU for the simple fact that the people who claim UF are arrogant d-bags; by in large.

I've been to enough UF/UGA games to see it first hand. When UGA wins, their fans are reasonably civil. UF fans....well, there's a reason one of them gets in an altercation that results in a death every year.

Again, all of this activity was present during the Zook era.

These are the two teams I save that special kind of hatred for (I don't even wish Auburn the ill will I wish these two teams). I hope a swarm of locusts engulfs the stadium and causes both teams to lose.

And you call yourself a Crimson Tide fan? You should be embarassed.:D

My two favorite teams this week are Auburn and North Texas.

I don't want to reproach the above-reproachable one, but who spends their age 20 college year (especially when you are a god on campus) circumcising little asian boys?

I think that just depends on where you live. Growing up in Alabama as an Auburn fan there are no more annoying and obnoxious fans than Bammer Jammers. No offense guys.;)

And you call yourself a Crimson Tide fan? You should be embarassed.:D

My two favorite teams this week are Auburn and North Texas.

I'm a transplant. I've hated Florida since birth. I'm not sure what made me despise Tennessee more than Auburn, probably Fulmer. Don't get me wrong though, I can't stand the Barners either.

Being one of the premier match-ups this weekend, if for no other reason than the animosity between the coaches, we gotta have a thread for it.

And I say for no other reason because the Gators are going to destroy UT. What Kiffin has said over the off-season is worse than when UGA rushed the field, so I expect Meyer's retribution to be even greater and more embarrassing than the time outs at the end of the game.

This is not a premier matchup on the field. Lane Kiffin did CBS a huge favor by running his mouth about beating the Gators in Fla...otherwise no one outside of UF and Tenn fans would be interested in watching. As for me, I'll be watching USC and Washington on ABC at that time. I have a hunch the Huskies might pull an upset. This looks to be like the typical letdown game that USC has every season.

This is not a premier matchup on the field. Lane Kiffin did CBS a huge favor by running his mouth about beating the Gators in Fla...otherwise no one outside of UF and Tenn fans would be interested in watching. As for me' date=' I'll be watching USC and Washington on ABC at that time. I have a hunch the Huskies might pull an upset. This looks to be like the typical letdown game that USC has every season.[/quote']

Yeah, as I said, the only reason it's hyped is the coaching matchup.

For some reason I feel different about USC this year even though they have a Freshman QB. I'm sure he will falter once or twice, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had a great season and met up with the Gators at the ship

This is not a premier matchup on the field. Lane Kiffin did CBS a huge favor by running his mouth about beating the Gators in Fla...otherwise no one outside of UF and Tenn fans would be interested in watching. As for me' date=' I'll be watching USC and Washington on ABC at that time. [b']I have a hunch the Huskies might pull an upset. This looks to be like the typical letdown game that USC has every season.[/b]

Ahem. :D:D:D

Both games should have been blowouts, and both games were played terribly by the favorites. In one situation, the underdog did fantastic and pulled off the upset. In the other, the underdog played poorly, and in turn lost.

Just goes to show you even the two best teams in the country need a little luck to survive the season.

Archived