Knott DFA'd?

Elbren

Can't imagine Knott is going to have anything good to say about this organization.

Can't imagine that anyone would take him seriously after his crapola year at AAA, outside the PCL.

Poor baby is blocked all those years in SD, so he gets a chance with a new team in the AL, where he can DH and not have to worry about which hand to put the glove on, and what does he do?

Hits like a Mendoza-line shortstop the first three months of the season.

Way to impress the new employer!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm also sure there will be more Houses, Knotts and Phelpses available this offseason. But with the way they've treated those three this year I'd be highly surprised if a) they even wanted more players like that, and b) players like that would want to sign with the Orioles given their track record of using Knotts as AAA filler even when the mediocre major leaguers in front of them underperformed or got hurt.

Look at the glass as half full rather than half empty. The Orioles organization should be one the premier destinations for no hit decent defensively minor league free agents.

Can't imagine that anyone would take him seriously after his crapola year at AAA, outside the PCL.

Poor baby is blocked all those years in SD, so he gets a chance with a new team in the AL, where he can DH and not have to worry about which hand to put the glove on, and what does he do?

Hits like a Mendoza-line shortstop the first three months of the season.

Way to impress the new employer!

I can't force you to look at the monthly splits and consider when he had a back injury, I can just keep saying it...

Knott is already better than Gibbons and Payton. Just because those two make big money doesn't make them better players.

I don't think that's true. Without looking at Davenport translations or anything, I think it's an assumption that Knott would succeed in MLB, an assumption that no organization in baseball seems to be making. We'll see if somebody snatches him up.

So to be CLEAR, there are 2 or 3 of you on here answering BAKO to both questions, as of RIGHT NOW??!!

Would it make you feel better if Bako was released right now and they called up Knott and then they released Knott after the season? They don't want Knott and you keep making it out to be a Knott or Bako question, it isn't. Jimenez is yet another AA legend, I have no idea what their plans are with him. Do you think that maybe the 40 man roster will change before next year? Who cares who is on the 40 man roster right now, it matters who is there next year. You keep trying to turn this into something it isn't.

Would it make you feel better if Bako was released right now and they called up Knott and then they released Knott after the season? They don't want Knott and you keep making it out to be a Knott or Bako question, it isn't. Jimenez is yet another AA legend, I have no idea what their plans are with him. Do you think that maybe the 40 man roster will change before next year? Who cares who is on the 40 man roster right now, it matters who is there next year. You keep trying to turn this into something it isn't.

You keep arguing my point for me.

1. We all KNOW Bako won't be here next year (or heaven help us all).

2. We have now made it 95% more likely that Jimenez and Knott won't.

3. We may have wanted/needed them next year at some point (there is a chance of Millar or Huff being shipped out by 7/31, or Gibby being released/dumped).

It is about controlling the rights to players you might need as opposed to a hanger-on you are 100% certain you NEVER needed.

I PROMISE THIS IS MY LAST POST IN THIS THREAD, it's tiring me out.

Archived