CNN/SI: Gibbons received shipments of steriods

The Azman

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mean if it came out years ago that a guy was expected in using is one thing...but if the guys are passing their tests after they've been implemented is another story.

As long as they aren't using the roids after they've been banned, who cares what they did beforehand. Just my opinion...

But that's the point. These were signed for AFTER they were banned. Sure we can say he got them but didn't use them but that throws all common sense out the window.

I don't know if it's been mentioned on this thread but you'd better believe Angelos and his boys are pouring over that contract looking for an angle to get out of it.

Unfortunately they will not be able to because they are Banned by the CBA. The punishment for using is defined in the CBA and it is not voiding the contract. They may cut him but they are going to pay him you can count on that.

Unfortunately they will not be able to because they are Banned by the CBA. The punishment for using is defined in the CBA and it is not voiding the contract. They may cut him but they are going to pay him you can count on that.

In my expert law opinion, I agree.

:o

Unfortunately.

Cut him and void his contract. Make he fight a long legal battle where all his dirty laundry will be aired in a public forum. He cheated the organization, the fans, and his fellow players, he doesn't deserve much respect.

The hearing would take about 3 seconds and nothing would be aired. That is just a legal fact. The judge would tell the O's they have no standing and the case would be over.

Cut him and void his contract. Make he fight a long legal battle where all his dirty laundry will be aired in a public forum. He cheated the organization, the fans, and his fellow players, he doesn't deserve much respect.

Eh, he made himself and his family a boatload of money. More then he ever could have dreamed of making with his "natural" ability. I can't hate on the guy for that. It's the "American" way.

They haven't extricated themselves out of Ponson's yet.:cool:

I would think that situation has been quietly settled by now. As for Gibbons, don't put it past Angelos to come up with something. This man made a billion dollars in the law profession.

Well, I don't think anyone was too shocked, but it may be wise to not assume other players have/are using because they are/were friends, teammates, etc. I have plenty of friends who have done (insert a load of stuff/actions/etc) and I haven't. So someone should never be guilty by association. When it comes to alleged steroid use you are guilty until proven innocent. Its something that stays with you forever, a big "what if". Steroid usage is certainly not something I approve of, it sends a bad message to younger players, but hey, people make mistakes. Players on a pedestal are still human.

In my expert law opinion, I agree.

:o

Unfortunately.

It would not have to be punishment for using. It could be because the extension he signed was based on fraudulent production/numbers that he reached while using PED's prior to that.

It would do them no harm to terminate his deal for cause (like Sid's) and then dare the MLBPA to file a grievance.

It would not have to be punishment for using. It could be because the extension he signed was based on fraudulent production/numbers that he reached while using PED's prior to that.

It would do them no harm to terminate his deal for cause (like Sid's) and then dare the MLBPA to file a grievance.

Look has much as i would like you to be correct, your not. The behaviour is specifically bargained for in the CBA. It is not a vague morals clause. This is not a complex matter in labor law. If a court allowed the voiding of a contract on something like this it would have the effect of making ML contract not guaranteeed. Now i might be all for that but it aint happening.

Archived