NCAA Week 13

RShack

The Texas QB helps himself, while the Aggies exposed his team.

The Bama RB takes his name off the list, while Auburn exposed his team.

Both Texas and Bama dodged major bullets, and just barely. If just a couple plays turned out differently, both of them would have lost.

Meanwhile Boise steamrollers all the nobodies they play. Too bad they haven't played a BCS-conf team since before Labor Day.

Last night, their blue field looked absolutely terrible, as if it was worn thin and needed replacing years ago. What's the story with that?

Meanwhile, the WVU-Pitt game made it look like Rodriguez misses WVU more than WVU misses him. Whoever #7 is, I want him on my team...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Fla-FlaSt game featured the worst job of crappy saccharine announcing I have ever witnessed. Those guys were mooning about Tebow the whole time. Didn't matter if he was on the field or on the sidelines, it was nonstop Tebow Love, whether it had anything to do with the game or not.

Perhaps the worst was near the end when they showed the Fla St. sidelines and said "There are 2 football legends on the field tonight, and the other one is Bobby Bowden." Are you kidding me? Bobby Bowden is "the other one"?

Plus, they didn't stop with Tebow, they extended this BS to the entire Gator team. Towards the end, the Seminoles rookie QB, who got thrown in to face the lions, tried a TD pass which the defender intercepted. So, did they say something like "Too bad, but good try for the poor freshman who's never played at this level before and doesn't stand a chance?" No, they did not. Instead, they said about the FL defender, "Good for him!"

The whole announcing thing was disgusting from beginning to end. It's just wrong when they openly root for one team over the other, especially when it's not even a fair fight to begin with.

ps: Nothing against Tebow. Not his fault that everybody else is over-hyping him. Although I could do without the references to Scripture on his eye-black stickers. If you read the specific verse it was citing tonight, it sounds like Tebow should have been rooting for the Seminoles...

3 games of note to me this weekend.

WV beats Pitt

Oklahoma beats OK State

Georgia beats GA Tech

Those three games were a tremendous help to Boise State's chances of getting into a BCS Bowl. If Cincinnati beats Pitt next weekend, then I would think it is all but guaranteed the Broncos make it....since all of the other eligible teams to choose from will have 3 losses.

EDIT: Texas also needs to beat Nebraska. A Nebraska upset would definitely relegate Boise St to the Poinsettia Bowl, or something like that.

The Fla-FlaSt game featured the worst job of crappy saccharine announcing I have ever witnessed. Those guys were mooning about Tebow the whole time. Didn't matter if he was on the field or on the sidelines, it was nonstop Tebow Love, whether it had anything to do with the game or not.

Look on the bright side...we only have to take that kind of crap for two more games. Ever....because I doubt he'll ever do anything worth fawning over in the NFL.

Perhaps the worst was near the end when they showed the Fla St. sidelines and said "There are 2 football legends on the field tonight, and the other one is Bobby Bowden." Are you kidding me? Bobby Bowden is "the other one"?

Plus, they didn't stop with Tebow, they extended this BS to the entire Gator team. Towards the end, the Seminoles rookie QB, who got thrown in to face the lions, tried a TD pass which the defender intercepted. So, did they say something like "Too bad, but good try for the poor freshman who's never played at this level before and doesn't stand a chance?" No, they did not. Instead, they said about the FL defender, "Good for him!"

The whole announcing thing was disgusting from beginning to end. It's just wrong when they openly root for one team over the other, especially when it's not even a fair fight to begin with.

ps: Nothing against Tebow. Not his fault that everybody else is over-hyping him. Although I could do without the references to Scripture on his eye-black stickers. If you read the specific verse it was citing tonight, it sounds like Tebow should have been rooting for the Seminoles...

They were actually sharing their favorite Tebow moments. It was disgusting. Granted, it was CBS so they are going to show the SEC love, but the level of Tebow worship has gotten out of hand.

I liked how Carroll decided he didn't like being the good guy in the "Jim Harbaugh runs up the score" debate. Jackass. Neuheisal should have let the Bruins get across the field into the USC bench.

Carroll wasn't the one that was in the wrong there. Calling a TO when USC was kneeling to run out the clock was the jackass move.

The SEC beats both teams playing in the ACC championship game. Anybody still don't think the SEC is the best in the nation?

Did beating teams in an inferior conference really do anything to change anyone's opinions? The ACC is not good...we knew that before those games.

(I'm not knocking the SEC. I'm just saying that beating the ACC doesn't really prove anything.)

You know, I've already changed my opinion of this. Mostly because I realized that if I were the coach in that situation, not only would I have thrown the pass but likely would have gone for two and tried an onside kick afterwards :laughlol:

I just hope that everyone who complained about Harbaugh going for two against USC realizes there was a reason for it.

It also helps that I really don't like USC...:P

You know, I've already changed my opinion of this. Mostly because I realized that if I were the coach in that situation, not only would I have thrown the pass but likely would have gone for two and tried an onside kick afterwards :laughlol:

I just hope that everyone who complained about Harbaugh going for two against USC realizes there was a reason for it.

It also helps that I really don't like USC...:P

That's my issue with Pete Carroll, since he was actually one of the ones who complained. He wants to have it both ways. He chastised Harbaugh for going for two, but then he did something very similar two weeks later. By itself, I have no problem with Carroll's choice to air it out when Neuheisel was calling timeouts.....but taken along with his comments to Harbaugh, I think Pete Carroll is nothing but a whiny hypocrite. People say the reason all the Pac-10 coaches hate his guts is because they are jealous of his success and USC's conference supremacy for the past 7 years. But trust me, it goes beyond that.

Did beating teams in an inferior conference really do anything to change anyone's opinions? The ACC is not good...we knew that before those games.

(I'm not knocking the SEC. I'm just saying that beating the ACC doesn't really prove anything.)

The SEC is better than anybody. I think the ACC and the Big Ten are about comparable. The computers seem to think so too. Big 12 is lamer. Not sure what to say about the Pac 10. But the main reason the ACC looks bad against the SEC is the SEC being good, not the ACC being bad.

Archived