#1 Alabama vs #2 Texas

Birds of B'more

A bit late to start a game thread...especially since the game was essentially over in the 1st quarter the second Colt McCoy got hurt. Obviously first thoughts are how terrible it is for McCoy himself...but I think had that not happened it also would have been a very close and much more interesting game.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, congratulations to Alabama on winning the NC. But unfortunately for college football fans unaffiliated with either school it was once again another boring championship game. Of course, the only truly interesting game that has decided the NC during the past decade was the Texas/USC game in 2005. That said, this is one time I don't think we can really blame the disappointment on the BCS. I wish we could have seen how it would have played out had McCoy not been injured in the 1st quarter. But, injuries are part of the game.

I feel terrible for McCoy. It turned into a good game though. Gilbert made some fine plays to get them back in it.

McCoy's interview right after it was over says everything though. He was speechless and had to watch his dream happen in front of him on the sidelines. Really sad.

Can someone make sure sure CrimsonTribe is still alive?

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Thank you for checking. I'm here and still kicking, although drunkenly. Work is going to SUCK tomorrow, but I'm in Alabama so I'm sure a lot of people will be streaming in hungover as balls at 10 am like I'm planning on doing. As for the game, Roll Tide!!! Would have been a better game with a healthy Colt McCoy, but I'll take it. We play hard, hit hard, and run hard. That's Alabama football. Texas made it exciting, which I appreciate. I went from talking **** to cussing McElroy (and his counterpart Muckelroy... what is that?) to praising all that is Saban. This is my first Championship since '92 and I don't know how to handle it. I don't think I'm going to bed tonight. The law will be practiced poorly tomorrow.

ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!

Thank you for checking. I'm here and still kicking, although drunkenly. Work is going to SUCK tomorrow, but I'm in Alabama so I'm sure a lot of people will be streaming in hungover as balls at 10 am like I'm planning on doing. As for the game, Roll Tide!!! Would have been a better game with a healthy Colt McCoy, but I'll take it. We play hard, hit hard, and run hard. That's Alabama football. Texas made it exciting, which I appreciate. I went from talking **** to cussing McElroy (and his counterpart Muckelroy... what is that?) to praising all that is Saban. This is my first Championship since '92 and I don't know how to handle it. I don't think I'm going to bed tonight. The law will be practiced poorly tomorrow.

Haha, good to hear! We should probably check on WarOriole too:laughlol:

Congrats man, nothing like celebrating your school winning a National Championship. Enjoy it!!!

He had a stroke dude.

Are you sure that's all it was? I've seen him before during the season, but he wasn't anything like this. Talking in a halting cadence and taking time to find the words is one thing. Slurring them all is something else. Is his stroke why everybody else at the table with him was looking the other way and trying to avoid him in the conversation? They didn't do that before. If his colleagues aren't comfortable with him, then they need to rethink his involvement. I'm all in favor of giving the guy some room to rehab and bounce back, but he's gotta be able to talk. Just a few weeks ago he talked way better than this. I really thought he was drunk tonight.

It wasn't the prettiest I've seen Bama play, but hey, they won the National Championship....ROLL TIDE BABY!!!!!

I will say congrats to Texas on a great year. Colt showed some nice class during the post game interview, I wish him well.

I'm not sure which was worse, the play of the UT backup QB or how scared Brown was to let him do anything in the first half. I wish Colt could have stayed in to see what happened, but Bama certainly shouldn't have to make any excuses. What a great season by them...it's just too bad it had to happen with Saban.;)

Are you sure that's all it was? I've seen him before during the season, but he wasn't anything like this. Talking in a halting cadence and taking time to find the words is one thing. Slurring them all is something else. Is his stroke why everybody else at the table with him was looking the other way and trying to avoid him in the conversation? They didn't do that before. If his colleagues aren't comfortable with him, then they need to rethink his involvement. I'm all in favor of giving the guy some room to rehab and bounce back, but he's gotta be able to talk. Just a few weeks ago he talked way better than this. I really thought he was drunk tonight.

You sure you're not talking about Lou Holtzths? ;)

Archived