He's back! Tejada signs 1-yr deal.

jamessemaj

I hope he can acclimate himself to 3B quickly.

I just remember how long it took Mora when he switched to 3B permanently and his defense was pretty bad for half a season.

It's definitely an adjustment. Cal & ARod also struggled a bit at first. But all 3 eventually became very good defensive 3B.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And there is no reason to expect anything different from Miggy...Cal said it takes around 100 games.

Yeah, that's why I would have rather had Crede. Miggy's defense could cost us dearly at that spot.

I wonder if this was just to put more butts into the seats with a "name."

Guest BrettMeister86

Pie isn't a starter yet, I like it but Scott is going to DH with Reimold in LF, the O's have confirmed Reimold is the starter in LF and won't have to compete for his job. You could also switch Jones and Tejada, but I think Jones hits 25+ HR batting in the 6th spot if they do slot him there.

2B Roberts S

3B Tejada R

RF Markakis L

LF Reimold R

CA Wieters S

CF Jones R

DH Scott L

1B Atkins R

SS Izturis S

The everyday lineup should be:

2B: Brob

3B: Miggy

LF: Markakis

C: Weiters

CF: Jones

DH: Reimold

1B: Atkins

LF: Pie

SS: Izzy

Reimold is going to be given the chance to nail down left field. Pie can be used as the baseball version of the 6th man ifthey will at least open their eyes to using Scott at first base for 25 games. Pie needs to be able to play the corner outfield positions. I think the organization sees Felix as a platoon type. Either way the lineup will be in flux all year and when injuries or slumps happen Felix needs to be ready.

It's definitely an adjustment. Cal & ARod also struggled a bit at first. But all 3 eventually became very good defensive 3B.

Well they had more than one season there. Miggi is a stopgap for one year.

So he's going to struggle defensively for us for the majority of the season while he learns the position and then probably move on to another team with that improved defense.

Anybody know what spot he hit in the Astros lineup? I am not sure I like him batting second as he doesn't take enough pitches for Roberts to steal. I think I might consider batting him third with Nick hitting second which is his best spot.Wieters can hit cleanup. Regardless, if he plays third I am in favor of this move (but definitely not SS). Anyway, his proven RH bat will help immensely when facing LH pitching which has been a big problem for this team.

Why not Scott to 1st and Atkins to the bench? Didn't we hear from Roy that Atkins won't start many games at all? Rotate people in and out of DH and get Pie plenty of ab's.

MacPhail was carrying on last night like Atkins was a major acquisition.

He's our 1st baseman in 2010.

Anybody know what spot he hit in the Astros lineup? I am not sure I like him batting second as he doesn't take enough pitches for Roberts to steal. I think I might consider batting him third with Nick hitting second which is his best spot.Wieters can hit cleanup. Regardless, if he plays third I am in favor of this move (but definitely not SS). Anyway, his proven RH bat will help immensely when facing LH pitching which has been a big problem for this team.

I just hope they don't bat him at cleanup.

Why not Scott to 1st and Atkins to the bench? Didn't we hear from Roy that Atkins won't start many games at all? Rotate people in and out of DH and get Pie plenty of ab's.

I dont think you sign Atkins to NOT start the majority of games at either 1st/3rd/DH. Unless he struggles late in to the season, Id expect we'll see him starting on a normal basis.

Archived