MD vs. NC State

Pretty impressive that we won a road ACC game, even if its against one of the worst teams in the conference, with Hayes, Mosley, and Milbourne all having dreadful games. Tucker and Gregory didn't do much to help out either.

It was all the Greivis and Jordan show, with some timely clutch shots by Bowie.

The defense in the 2nd half really was immensely improved as well.

Hopefully with two days between games now we'll get a bit more rest than these last couple. If we can beat GT, we'll be in really great shape to get a 4-5 seed in the tournament.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully with two days between games now we'll get a bit more rest than these last couple. If we can beat GT, we'll be in really great shape to get a 4-5 seed in the tournament.

That's shaping up to be a very important game. But, I don't know how much it will help them improve their potential seed since GT barely received any votes in the most recent poll. However, I think a loss would hurt their chances of getting anywhere near a 4-5 seed.

That's shaping up to be a very important game. But, I don't know how much it will help them improve their potential seed since GT barely received any votes in the most recent poll. However, I think a loss would hurt their chances of getting anywhere near a 4-5 seed.
I don't mean it from a "win of GT really improves our resume" standpoint, although it probably does. I'm looking at it from an overall ACC-record standpoint. If we go 11-5 or 12-4, I think we'll be a 4-5 seed. Beating GT would give us a really great chance of going 11-5 or better.

I don't mean it from a "win of GT really improves our resume" standpoint, although it probably does. I'm looking at it from an overall ACC-record standpoint. If we go 11-5 or 12-4, I think we'll be a 4-5 seed. Beating GT would give us a really great chance of going 11-5 or better.

It just seems like - this year - the committee will put all the Big East, Big 10, and Big 12 teams in the top seeds. I could also see them reaching to move mid majors up to high seeds because no one in the ACC and PAC 10 really stands out (aside from Duke). I'm not positive that 11-5 in the ACC with no good wins (in or out of conference) assures a seed that high.

I would think that the better Wake Forest does the better it helps our case. Wake has been flirting with the top 25 the last week or so, although they did lose to Clemson last week. I would think that the better they do from here on out and higher they go in the standings the "better" that two point, over-time loss looks.

Archived