Terps vs. Rutgers prediction thread

OregonBird

Game day is almost here. Time for predictions!

I think the Terps will play better, particularly Jordan Steffy. However, its in NJ and I still don't think Steffy is ready for a big game yet. I look for Ralph to go very conservative in the offense, seeking to help Jordan to not commit turnovers.

Rutgers 34

Terps 20

The ACC season begins next week. If the team is still stinking it up after the next 2-3 games, it will be a long year.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My heart is telling me that Steffy will come out and shock the world... the Terps will control the ball... and our defense will have its best showing yet.

But my brain is telling me that the Terps will probably lose by 14 or 21... that they'll hang in there for a while, but Ray Rice and Co. will have a couple big play TDs that will be a knock-out punch.

On another front this is a huge game for Maryland simply because it is taking place against a team that they compete with for recruits.

After 2 weeks of seeing teams that run non-traditional spread offenses, it will be interesting to see how Maryland will respond to playing a team that is very similar to them in style. Rutgers is a real "we're going to jam it down your throat" team.

Maryland 27

Rutgers 16

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Book it.

Can I get a hit of what you're smoking? :D

I'd love to see it but given the offense's performance thus far and this being a big game on the road, on tv, I think the Terps will get slapped around.

If 5 years ago you had told me that the South Florida, WVU, Rutgers, and South Carolina would all have their programs farther ahead in 2007 than the Terps, I would have told you that you were crazy. Of course, Rodriguez and Spurrier are both offensive geniuses though so that has to count for something.

Look at it this way. Despite the travesty that was last Saturday, we have played four games so far, three of which were against opponents that we played last year. And in each of those three games, we have looked better this year than last.

Last year we could easily have tanked after the GT loss, but we didn't. Last year, we won at Clemson. Rutgers has had one good season out of 150. Piscataway ain't Clemson. We can handle being on the road and I honestly do think that this is going to be a very close game, if nothing else.

Look at it this way. Despite the travesty that was last Saturday, we have played four games so far, three of which were against opponents that we played last year. And in each of those three games, we have looked better this year than last.

Last year we could easily have tanked after the GT loss, but we didn't. Last year, we won at Clemson. Rutgers has had one good season out of 150. Piscataway ain't Clemson. We can handle being on the road and I honestly do think that this is going to be a very close game, if nothing else.

Very true.

It's frustrasting to see the team not administer sound drubbings to teams like FIU, 'Nova, that way they can get other players the valuable game reps/experience, build confidence and open up different chapters of the playbooks. You can't become a better team unless you....well....play better. It's a chicken/egg thing.

We'll see.

Archived