Terps vs. Rutgers prediction thread

OregonBird

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice win on a flukey weekend where lots of ranked teams were upset but the ACC still has a ways to go in a matchup w/a struggling BEast.

I'm not saying it's as good, but so far, it looks like the trash talking from the BEast guys in that thread was over the top to say the least. Louisville was supposed to be an elite team, but their far from it, Rutgers losing at home to MD is bad, and WVU is not the national championship contender that they were thought to be. Obviously there's some positives as well, South Florida, Cincy, and Conn being in that group, but overall the gap in quality between the conferences is not as high as it was made out to be.

What a win.

Sunshine really came up big and I think he's won himself the starting job for now. Finally a well-coached game. We had some serious problems with execution early but once Turner got in things got much better. Steffy clearly is just too afraid to get rid of the ball and while it's good not to throw it up for grabs he would just run back 10 yards, pull it down, and take a sack on every single blitz. Turner lets our WRs make some plays and boy do we have some good ones. Just hope Darrius is fine.

Man, if we had one last week, we'd be top 20 for sure.

Still think this team can win the ACC. Huge win.

Only real negative was how bad our kicker is. Really ruining the great recent tradition of great kickers we've had. He's got a heck of a leg but it's anyone's guess where it's going. Really have no confidence in that right now.

I'm not saying it's as good, but so far, it looks like the trash talking from the BEast guys in that thread was over the top to say the least. Louisville was supposed to be an elite team, but their far from it, Rutgers losing at home to MD is bad, and WVU is not the national championship contender that they were thought to be. Obviously there's some positives as well, South Florida, Cincy, and Conn being in that group, but overall the gap in quality between the conferences is not as high as it was made out to be.

Yeah, other than the SEC there isn't a termendous amount of difference in the quality of any of the BCS conferences. Although considering the raid and the reaction of many ACCers a few years ago (wanting the BEast to lose the auto bid) anytime that conference is at the bottom of the heap of BCS conferences it makes BEast fans happy.

But to get back on topic, it was a great win for Maryland and I'm hoping they'll come up big at least once more if BC is as I expect still highly ranked in November. I honestly didn't think Maryland had it in 'em @ Rutgers after seeing how WVU handled 'em.

Archived