I don't know too much about scouting and draft projections, but as an Auburn man I've been really excited with how well Hunter Morris has played this year. Where do you guys see him going, and is it possible that he could be there in the 3rd round?

I don't know too much about scouting and draft projections, but as an Auburn man I've been really excited with how well Hunter Morris has played this year. Where do you guys see him going, and is it possible that he could be there in the 3rd round?

I think he's off the board in the 2nd. Strikeouts are a concern for me.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• The fact that Justin Armbruester led all Orioles minor league pitcher with just 119.1 is pathetic! The pitching development guys are babying the SPs. This is emblematic of a philosophy that is destined to fail. Guys need to pitch to get better. Guys need to learn to get hitters out the second or third time through the order. I think this is a combination of a bad philosophy and not drafting SP talent in the early rounds. Broken system.
    • The wall was yet another case, in the case of many’s. Where Elias thought he was smarter than everybody  and decided to make hitting homers to left field almost impossible and so in his “genius”he only drafted left-handed hitters. Hence, we have trouble hitting left handers ( the only good thing that came of this is they got Gunner Henderson Earlier than anybody else was willing to draft him. ) No right handed batter would sign  here ever unless it was an extreme overpay. I have hated that wall from day one and I don’t think it lasts much longer. Once they start doing the major renovations, I guarantee it comes in maybe not the extent of what it was before maybe  but it’s coming in.
    • And that's fine. I'm not trying to pick on you, because there are literally dozens of posts I could have responded to but didn't, but it seems to me a lot of people are asking for contradictory things.
    • Something that was an open question during much of the year was if Burnes' line about not trying for strikeouts was BS. Broadly I think he gave the market evidence in the end game that he is a master craftsman, and of course 30 year old pitchers have to regulate intensity to complete the season. The 2021 season was just weird.     At ages 25-26, he got most of a year off, and then he got babied like basically every pitcher in the world in Year 1 after COVID. In 2022 they pushed him for more, and the per-batter effectiveness eroded, setting up that notable 2023 Arbitration hearing that helped make him a 2024 Oriole. A GM wanting his services....don't nitpick.    There will be bidders. Unless Rubenstein is planning for three or more mega contracts at the end of the decade, I think there are places it makes more sense to go.
    • It only takes 2 arms if you'd have him in the rotation over Suarez. Personally, I'd have Suarez in the rotation over him going in to next year as things stand now.
    • I feel like they did it because our pitching sucked. Now it doesn't suck, so let's split the difference. I think it would be a mistake to go into 2025 with the current park dimensions. 
  • Popular Contributors