Keith Law's 2010 MLB Mock Draft v1.0

Got me, just trying to figure out what happened with him last year versus where he is this year without seeing him. Didn't realize that he was a ground ball guy either, wonder if he picked up any tips from White last year.

He smoothed out his mechanics some -- that's one big change. Also moved to a much more frequent use of a 2S fastball (which has resulted in more GBs). Mechanics are smoother but not perfect (particularly with secondaries). Just would be surprised if Harvey lasts past the first. He has shown an ability to maintain velocity throughout long outings, has a sturdy build, and fringe-plus-plus velocity. But, I certainly could be missing a boat load.

He smoothed out his mechanics some -- that's one big change. Also moved to a much more frequent use of a 2S fastball (which has resulted in more GBs). Mechanics are smoother but not perfect (particularly with secondaries). Just would be surprised if Harvey lasts past the first. He has shown an ability to maintain velocity throughout long outings, has a sturdy build, and fringe-plus-plus velocity. But, I certainly could be missing a boat load.

AH, yeah I haven't really followed him besides at a glance all season, I was just looking for recurring injuries or something to help explain last season. The 2S alone could explain a good chunk of the difference though. I knew about the velo, but had heard he was missing a real strikeout pitch to play off of it, which is why he had been working on the change last season.

I'm sure Law has some little reason he dropped him so much, that will come out right before the draft. Seems like he has a guy or two like that every year.

Archived