Orioles Draft Room

I don't know if it's true or not true. I know that it's not a fact simply because JTrea said it is. That's why I asked for a link.

Is the comment valid in any way if it's not supportable?

Who cares if its really valid or not...Whether they have less fo a staff or not is meaningless...Who they do employ blows.

We do know that the Orioles only have like 3 INt'l scouts and you have teams like Boston, who I believe have like 10 or so.

Now, domestically are we the same as others? I don't know...I would say probably not because there is no reason to believe we are and even if we have the same number as others, the people we have judging the talent suck.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who cares if its really valid or not...Whether they have less fo a staff or not is meaningless...Who they do employ blows.

We do know that the Orioles only have like 3 INt'l scouts and you have teams like Boston, who I believe have like 10 or so.

Now, domestically are we the same as others? I don't know...I would say probably not because there is no reason to believe we are and even if we have the same number as others, the people we have judging the talent suck.

I do. That's why I asked for a link. I think it's a serious problem if we don't have as much domestic scouting as other teams.* Thus, it's an accusation that would carry some weight if it's true.

If you don't care, that's fine. But I'm not sure why you're responding (first, with irrelevant evidence, second with a comment that you don't care) if it really doesn't matter to you.

*I likewise think it's a problem that we don't have as many international scouts. That seems to be changing, but the proof is in the pudding. That's the catch, though: proof is an essential element to if you want weight given to your allegations.

I do. That's why I asked for a link. I think it's a serious problem if we don't have as much domestic scouting as other teams.* Thus, it's an accusation that would carry some weight if it's true.

If you don't care, that's fine. But I'm not sure why you're responding (first, with irrelevant evidence, second with a comment that you don't care) if it really doesn't matter to you.

*I likewise think it's a problem that we don't have as many international scouts. That seems to be changing, but the proof is in the pudding. That's the catch, though: proof is an essential element to if you want weight given to your allegations.

Oh, that issue is a problem...But sitting there and begging Jtrea for a link is ridiculous.

If Drungo said that, no one would be asking for a link and jumping on him for saying it.

Oh, that issue is a problem...But sitting there and begging Jtrea for a link is ridiculous.

If Drungo said that, no one would be asking for a link and jumping on him for saying it.

Yeah, I would. The thing is, Drungo wouldn't say it. No reputable poster would say it w/o a link - save for maybe you, but you'd be basing it on a memory or somesuch and revise if you remembered incorrectly.

This isn't some JTrea-focused thing - if you look at my posts during this draft, my thoughts reflect his approach to the draft (albeit in a more nuanced way). I simply want to know if this is true or not.

I'd expect proof from anyone who said it. And would ask. I'll confess that I have more doubt that JTrea can back up his "facts" than I do reputable posters.

Says the guy who just did the same thing in another thread.

You're incredulous man.

Also if you want to check in the Orioles scouts I'd say let's check in on Frederick.

LINK

Are you serious with this stuff?

Yes I am serious, sometimes.

It just seems silly to me to see two differant teams draft rooms and make a comment based on how many people are in the room and what the furniture looks like.

And from that comment that it means they have less to work with.

It seems like some folks always look for the negative just so they can make there own agenda appear to have some merit.

Does it matter if any of us is right or wrong.

It just seems that it is bashing them for the sake of bashing them at every single opportunity no matter how trivial it is.

We all know they suck right now.

But c,mon the furniture sucks too!!!!

What if 2 guys were in the bathroom.

• 2 weeks later...

Help me out here...I just watched the MASN interview with Joe Jordan. The interview includes what looks to be clips from w/in the O's war room upon selecting Machao (see around 51 second mark and again near the end). In any event, the video shows Jordan & Co. operating from a room within the Warehouse. This is not the same room that MLB Network highlighed during the draft.

http://masnsports.com/jim_hunter/2010/06/some-draft-talk-with-joe-jordan.html

Help me out here...I just watched the MASN interview with Joe Jordan. The interview includes what looks to be clips from w/in the O's war room upon selecting Machao (see around 51 second mark and again near the end). In any event, the video shows Jordan & Co. operating from a room within the Warehouse. This is not the same room that MLB Network highlighed during the draft.

http://masnsports.com/jim_hunter/2010/06/some-draft-talk-with-joe-jordan.html

Agreed. Very strange.

I think the MLB Networked used a different angle than the MASN crew. If I remember correctly the MLB view was shot from the left of where Joe Jordan is standing in the MASN shot, but I could be mistaken.

I'm confident that it wasn't the same room.

I think the MLB Networked used a different angle than the MASN crew. If I remember correctly the MLB view was shot from the left of where Joe Jordan is standing in the MASN shot, but I could be mistaken.

Tables in this footage are grey. Tables in MLB footage were blonde. No inkling of warehouse in the MLB footage.

Archived