7/20 Rays at O's

Oriol3s

I like Tatum's approach at and behind the plate. Any objections to him sticking around for 2011?

I object, he's hitting .254 with a .627 OPS. If they literally cannot find anyone better, fine, but otherwise, they should get a better backup.

On the other hand, he has had a .100 ISOD for the last two months, so his discipline might be improving and with that usually comes better hitting.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I object, he's hitting .254 with a .627 OPS. If they literally cannot find anyone better, fine, but otherwise, they should get a better backup.

On the other hand, he has had a .100 ISOD for the last two months, so his discipline might be improving and with that usually comes better hitting.

Backup catchers--usually not much out there. I would want a guy who doesn't completely kill you at the plate but handles the pitchers well. Tatum is not the O's biggest problem or concern by a longshot.

Backup catchers--usually not much out there. I would want a guy who doesn't completely kill you at the plate but handles the pitchers well. Tatum is not the O's biggest problem or concern by a longshot.

Exactly. He's a good enough backup catcher and I'd have no problem bringing him back for another year.

But the O's aren't nearly good enough to be concerned about who the backup catcher for next year will be at this point. There are probably 100 things more important.

Archived