The Nationals just got Wilson Ramos for Matt Capps.

O's are Legends

I guess the Nationals are working late as well. This is an excellent trade for Washington.

In the middle of another tight division race, the Minnesota Twins acquired All-Star closer Matt Capps from the Washington Nationals late Thursday night for prized catching prospect Wilson Ramos and minor league left-hander Joe Testa.

Link

Makes ya wonder what the O's could have gotten for Mike Gonzales if he had stayed healthy and had a normal year for him. Testa looked like a possible future closer until this year - wonder what caused his drop.

Makes ya wonder what the O's could have gotten for Mike Gonzales if he had stayed healthy and had a normal year for him. Testa looked like a possible future closer until this year - wonder what caused his drop.

Roch said today Boston has some interest in Gonzo. Doubt it's very serious tho.

Wow, just wow. Surely the Twins know something about Ramos that vo one else has figured out. If not, then this is a great trade by Rizzo. I've read that he asks for the moon in every deal, well he got it here. Never thought I'd see Ramos traded for Matt Capps.

Wilson Ramos is not doing great in AAA right now. He doesn't really draw many walks, bat wise he sort of reminds me of Joseph, as his obp & ops relies on how well he is hitting. I dont know how his defense is.

The good news is he had a good July, so it looks like he is heating up.

Overall great trade for the Nats, whenever you can trade a reliever for a potential long term answer at catcher you did somthing right. Now it will be interesting to see if they can trade Dunn.

Archived