Where will Brian Matusz finish in the ROY voting?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Brian Matusz finish in the ROY voting?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would be shocked if he gets it. Tradition stats used to pick the award don't say he is the best pitcher. Not really even close to CC or Price.

Actually, the only traditional stat that favors the other guys is wins. Nothing else.

I do think that CC gets it though...He plays for NY and has the numbers that the old baseball writers covet...not that ones that actual say who was better.

Actually, the only traditional stat that favors the other guys is wins. Nothing else.

I do think that CC gets it though...He plays for NY and has the numbers that the old baseball writers covet...not that ones that actual say who was better.

Yeah, I think he gets it but I think Price is better and would be sort of middle ground between CC and Hernandez.

I would give it to CC over Price because of the difference in IP. Its pretty substantial.

Who got better run support though? To me that would also be a factor. Another thing I think the voters usually look at is how many complete games and shutouts the candidates have under their belt during the season, which I think is also a good measurement.

So what? Again 13-12 isn't good enough either to get the top pitching award in the league. It just isn't, period. Now, I agree if he pitched for a team like the Yankees who scored him some runs he would probably have the right numbers but he doesn't and you sure as hell couldn't base it on that anyway. I thought sure Mussina after leaving the Orioles could win a Cy Young with all that run support from the high powered offense of the Yankees but it didn't happen.

I guess if someone had a league leading record of 22-5 but walked 150, gave up 40 hrs, and 300 hits and pitched to an era of 6.35, you'd give him the cy young because he had the best W/L in the league. Genius.

I guess if someone had a league leading record of 22-5 but walked 150, gave up 40 hrs, and 300 hits and pitched to an era of 6.35, you'd give him the cy young because he had the best W/L in the league. Genious.

Cmon, what are the odds of anything like that happening?:eek: Zero I would say if you apply even an iota of common sense.

Who got better run support though? To me that would also be a factor. Another thing I think the voters usually look at is how many complete games and shutouts the candidates have under their belt during the season, which I think is also a good measurement.

If run suport is an issue, then Felix should win it hands down. In his 12 losses, Seattle scored 14 runs and in 9 of his losses, they scored 0 or 1 runs.

The bottom line is the Yankees have had to use their bullpen a lot less when CC has pitched vs when Price has pitched in TB.

They are essentially even IMO with the IP difference being the thing that puts CC over the top.

CC plays in the better hitters park as well...However, CC doesn't have to face the Yankees lineup, although TB scores a ton of runs.

How is run support a factor? CC or Price have no control how many runs are scored for them. As far as complete games, King Felix has more than CC and Price combined. Shutouts, CC has none, and Felix and Price have one a piece.

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.?!! Now run support matters to you? Dude, you talk out of both sides of your mouth.

Cmon, what are the odds of anything like that happening?:eek: Zero I would say if you apply even an iota of common sense.

It doesn't matter. You're the one arguing that good pitchers should be able to pitch to their run support and get wins no matter how many runs are scored for them.

Archived