Will The Orioles Ever Get A Pitcher As Good As David Price?

Old#5fan

Will The Orioles Ever Get A Pitcher As Good As David Price?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Will The Orioles Ever Get A Pitcher As Good As David Price?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously... Price shut down our "B" lineup last night. Matusz shut down their A+++ lineup Monday night. Who pitched better?

Price has also won 19 games. So one game Matusz pitches makes him better?:laughlol:

I would love to see Matusz pitch against Price. There is no comparison as Price's stuff is dominating. Matusz is just very good. Sort of like comparing the hitting skills of Longoria to Jones or Markakis. Longoria is dominate and Jones and Markakis just very good.

I am not ignoring it but it really doesn't mean anything much at all. Price clearly has more dominate stuff than Matusz and it isn't even close. Even Palmer said it on national tv.

Dominate stuff does not equal better.

Note, I'm not disagreeing with you that Price is a very good pitcher.

If you never saw Blue pitch you have no idea how good he was. He was truly dominating when he was healthy.

He was great that one year (1971). He never quite got to that level again. His overall record is about equal to Milt Pappas.

As to Price, he has great stuff, but we will see how it carries over year to year. You don't have to look very far for young Cy Young award winners who weren't as good the next year. Just look at last year's winners, Zack Greinke and Tim Lincecum. Greinke has been just slightly above average this year, while Lincecum is still very good but not in the Cy Young conversation at all.

I find it so funny that OldFan sees a guy pitch one time and hears Palmer rave about him and he compares him to an all time great.

Before last night, I bet OldFan couldn't tell you anything about Price.

Its also funny how every game Palmer raves about Markakis and oldfan ignores that because, Palmer only knows pitching. LOL LOL LOL

Why hasn't this guy been banned again? :thumbsup1:

Price has also won 19 games. So one game Matusz pitches makes him better?:laughlol:

I would love to see Matusz pitch against Price. There is no comparison as Price's stuff is dominating. Matusz is just very good. Sort of like comparing the hitting skills of Longoria to Jones or Markakis. Longoria is dominate and Jones and Markakis just very good.

And Price has more experience and a playoff caliber offense behind him. Swap their teams and situations and you'd have a mancrush on Matusz.

And the word is DOMINANT. :rolleyestf:

I find it so funny that OldFan sees a guy pitch one time and hears Palmer rave about him and he compares him to an all time great.

Before last night, I bet OldFan couldn't tell you anything about Price.

Its also funny how every game Palmer raves about Markakis and oldfan ignores that because, Palmer only knows pitching. LOL LOL LOL

Why hasn't this guy been banned again? :thumbsup1:

As silly as the reasons are that OF5 used to make this thread, and as ridiculous as this poll is in the first place ...

At least he's actually right about the player for once. Price is dominant. If he doesn't get hurt or suffer some sort of incredibly odd regression, he will continue to be dominant and has the stuff to be a HoFer. At least OF5 got that part right ...

As silly as the reasons are that OF5 used to make this thread, and as ridiculous as this poll is in the first place ...

At least he's actually right about the player for once. Price is dominant. If he doesn't get hurt or suffer some sort of incredibly odd regression, he will continue to be dominant and has the stuff to be a HoFer. At least OF5 got that part right ...

Yea, he is right..Price is very good and is likely going to be better than BMat.

But he can't really tell you why and before last night, he couldn't have told you anything.

Yea, he is right..Price is very good and is likely going to be better than BMat.

But he can't really tell you why and before last night, he couldn't have told you anything.

I'm not totally convinced yet. At the worst I think Brian is only marginally behind him. Like #1 to #1a status.

And yes, just so no one misunderstands, Price is an incredible pitcher. I don't know about Blue or Palmer or Koufax, but one of THE best today.

I am not ignoring it but it really doesn't mean anything much at all. Price clearly has more dominate stuff than Matusz and it isn't even close. Even Palmer said it on national tv.

O that's right Jim Palmer said it so it must be true. So if Jim Palmer said the world is flat that must be true as well.

Archived