Will The Orioles Ever Get A Pitcher As Good As David Price?

Old#5fan

Will The Orioles Ever Get A Pitcher As Good As David Price?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Will The Orioles Ever Get A Pitcher As Good As David Price?

This poll is closed to new votes

You're one of the few then, must not have to hit the freeways for work commute, you're a truck driver, or you love turtore. Forbes just put a list together of most stressful cities, and LA came in at #2, their traffic also rate the worst in America. It's not just the sheer amount of cars on the road it's the amount of people who shouldn't even be behind the wheel of a car. If I lived and worked in the same area it wouldn't be a prob...or if I got up at 4am to start my drive.

I think he was just being a smart alec as he likely doesn't even live in CA.:eek:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You clearly don't know as much about baseball as you think you do.

In his rookie season, Rivera started 10 games for the Yankees.

Wow, that makes him a "starter?" You need to look at the entire career of a pitcher not his first ten games and declare him a "starter" based on that. He's a reliever not a starter. That is beyond absurd to claim he was a starter because of a handful of games. Dennis Eckersly you might say that about as he indeed did start a heck of a lot of games but not Rivera. :rolleyes:

Wow, that makes him a "starter." You look at the entire career of a pitcher not his first ten games. He's a reliever not a starter. That is beyond absurd to claim he was a starter because of a handful of games. Dennis Eckersly you might say that about as he indeed did start a heck of a lot of games but not Rivera. :rolleyes:

Do you even understand the context and reasoning that he mentioned this?

EDIT: Nevermind, of course you don't.

Wow, that makes him a "starter." You look at the entire career of a pitcher not his first ten games. He's a reliever not a starter. That is beyond absurd to claim he was a starter because of a handful of games. Dennis Eckersly you might say that about as he indeed did start a heck of a lot of games but not Rivera. :rolleyes:

Do you think he would have started in the majors if he wasn't a starter in the minors? 67 of Rivera's 81 appearances in the minors were as a starter. Like I said, there is a reason Rivera isn't a starter anymore and it is because he relies on the fastball.

You are beyond absurd. Period.

Do you think he would have started in the majors if he wasn't a starter in the minors? 67 of Rivera's 81 appearances in the minors were as a starter. Like I said, there is a reason Rivera isn't a starter anymore and it is because he relies on the fastball.

You are beyond absurd. Period.

Again, his body of work that represents 99.9% of his MAJOR LEAGUE careeris as a RELIEVER. That is what he is known as, not a starter by anyone save possibly for you and you are only doing it just to be contentious for whatever reason.:rolleyes:

YOu know what, I had you on ignore for quite a while and now I recall why. I have better things to do than argue about nothing.

Again, his body of work that represents 99.9% of his MAJOR LEAGUE careeris as a RELIEVER. That is what he is known as, not a starter by anyone save possibly for you and you are only doing it just to be contentious for whatever reason.:rolleyes:

YOu know what, I had you on ignore for quite a while and now I recall why. I have better things to do than argue about nothing.

You are correct. 99.9% of his major league career is as a reliever.

He was converted to a reliever because he didn't have effective off-speed pitch control,.

James Johnson was a starter until he was converted to a reliever in the majors because of lack of command for off-speed pitches.

So you want to put me on ignore because I constantly point out all the things you say that are inaccurate?

The point was brought up that Price throws 85 percent fastballs and not much else. It's bound to catch up with him if he doesn't sharpen up his offspeed offerings. You fought back and said Rivera only has one pitch. The point is that Rivera can do that because he throws one inning a night not 6 plus. Did you not comprehend any of that original argument?

Archived