How impartial is George Mitchell?

blueberryale77

There are 30 MLB teams. 80 some players are mentioned. Of course not every team will be mentioned a lot.

But there are Sox players mentioned, including a very recent one, and even more indicting is the inclusion of front office emails from his own organization, which as nothing more than two guys speculating don't really offer much solid evidence of Gagne's use, but as evidence of the subjective mindset of a front office (the Red Sox's), this evidence I think is intended to support Mitchell's attempt to cast a wide net and suggest that while players bear responsibility for their steroid use, so does everybody else, including the teams who, as this email demonstrates, are willing to turn blind eyes.

He is in some respects outing his own team's front office, and Theo specifically, for turning a blind eye to the issue. I think he intends it as an example of the sort of hearsay insider knowledge that permeated baseball front offices during this time but inspired none to act- willful ignorance.

He is also publicly embarrassing his team's GM (Theo) for ostensibly ignoring this report and giving up so much for Gagne when it appears the report was spot on. This also makes me really happy.

You seem to think this was an exhaustive report

It is not.

People don't get it- this "investigation" wasn't very successful, and in fact it is based on a few sources. The report cites Canseco's book juiced, OK :). $20 mill (or maybe more) can't buy more than lots of billable hours. You need sources.

New York Yankees major league strength and conditioning coach Brian McNamee and Mets clubhouse attendant Kirk Radomski were responsible for a lot of the info.

So is it surprising that the Yankees are the most mentioned team and the Mets the 4th. And the 2nd and 3rd most mentioned teams, the Os and Angels, were largely based on previously known info.

BR is basically what Mitchell "found out", if you call it that, about the Os as far as I can tell. Not much else is new , is it?

What he said. People need to realize that the report is like a term paper. All Mitchell did is collect information and right a report on what he collected.

There was no investigation on his part.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived