Reporting in

bigbird

You'd probably be right if it was the O's that were shopping Tejada. But from the stuff we've heard it sounds like the O's weren't trying to trade Tejada and were just listening to offers. They said give us 2 provens and 2 prospects, blow us away and we'll give him to you. Otherwise keep shopping because we don't have to trade Tejada at all.

Yeah, but you can be blown away by a team that doesn't offer the exactly what we want. Santana, Wood, and Kotchman would be a blow us away type offer, I don't care if there's only 3 players. Or take away Kotchman and add Adenhart and Mathis, well that's 4 players, and a tremendous offer, but only 1 major leaguer. Or if we could have gotten Oswalt, Lidge, and Ensberg from the Astros, not meeting our asking price, but better than you'd expect.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You act as if Tejada at SS, and Gibbons at DH/1B prevents us from finding another offensive player to fill the other spot that Gibbons does not.

You would create an offensive hole at a position we have our greatest advantage to fill a need that is much easier to find?

Where is this DH available who is of Ortiz' caliber? Im fairly certain we could find a bat to DH and fill in a couple times a week at another position who will be adequate offensively.

I honestly wish theyd just gotten Abreu and moved Gibbons to DH, we wouldnt be having this conversation.

The DH situation is not permanant, if we were to trade Tejada, the offensive hole at SS likley could be.

Lugo becomes a FA this year, will cost less than Tejada, and is having almost as good of a season besides the time missed to injury. Wood or Aybar could be above average offensive SS's as well.

BTW, we could have had Carlos Guillen this past offseason along with at least one very good young player, Guillen is pretty close to Tejada in production.

And the first name to come to mind was Pujols, then as much as I didn't like it, the next name was ARod but only if I could play him at SS. Then I thought of J. Santana. After that I kept thinking what's the most important position to fill? SS came to mind at once. Right now Tejada is still one of the first names I come up with there, along with Reyes. He mignt just be 5 or 6.

I hate Jeter, but he is the best SS right now. He's first in VORP in all of baseball right now.

Archived