Reporting in

bigbird

Reporting in from the beach. Got here Tuesday and it's a scorcher. Had the pleasure of meeting John-OH last evening. Got a phone message from my contact today. Recap as follows:

- He said the deals for Tejada were no where close to being pulled off. The national media is way off on this. We were holding out for 4 players from the Angels and had no interest in the Houston SS.

- There were deals available for Hawkins and Roddy but the payers we would have received in exchange were not better than what we already have. There was also concern about the current condition of the pen and rotation thus no moves.

- No one had an interest in Niner to the point of taking on his option. Still a chance he can get dealt if we pay the option which we don't appear inclined to do.

- Boston is interestred in Javy but depends if he passes thru waivers. If he's claimed we'll let him go to get off the hook for salary.

- He also noted the MASN deal is getting close to being complete and echos Duquette's statement that we will be major spenders (we've heard that before).

Look for Penn and Cabrera to be in the rotation within the next 10 days.

He noted things can can change on the dime. Did anyone expect Soriano not to be traded?

Down to the beach.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reporting in from the beach. Got here Tuesday and it's a scorcher. Had the pleasure of meeting John-OH last evening. Got a phone message from my contact today. Recap as follows:

- He said the deals for Tejada were no where close to being pulled off. The national media is way off on this. We were holding out for 4 players from the Angels and had no interest in the Houston SS.

- There were deals available for Hawkins and Roddy but the payers we would have received in exchange were not better than what we already have. There was also concern about the current condition of the pen and rotation thus no moves.

- No one had an interest in Niner to the point of taking on his option. Still a chance he can get dealt if we pay the option which we don't appear inclined to do.

- Boston is interestred in Javy but depends if he passes thru waivers. If he's claimed we'll let him go to get off the hook for salary.

- He also noted the MASN deal is getting close to being complete and echos Duquette's statement that we will be major spenders (we've heard that before).

He noted things can can change on the dime. Did anyone expect Soriano not to be traded?

Down to the beach.

You have to love this guy's commitment to getting us the news we deserve!

Bravo!

Down to the beach.

Thanks for the update........

What beach are you at? OCMD?

If Soriano and lee aren't available who would we target. This class is very weak. Conineand that option is about the craziesat move the front office has done in my opinion. Did they have ot add that option to get a deal done with a 40 yr old player? I'd like ot see R Lopez back in the pen next year.

Would anyone be up for a Brett Myers for D Cab trade? Just a thought?

Bigbird,

Any idea what 4 players we were seeking from the Angels and what the Angels final offer looked like?

Lots of information/misinformation out there!

Not to be rude, but I really don't think it matters at this point.

The bright spot is we might unload Javy, may even get someone back from it.

Also, MASN could effect the O's big time...

There were deals available for Hawkins and Roddy but the payers we would have received in exchange were not better than what we already have. There was also concern about the current condition of the pen and rotation thus no moves.

I'm not sure I understand this. Were they trying to get ML-talent back for these guys?? Hopefully not. If it was minor league talent, does it matter if we already have it (SS, pitching, etc.)? Surplus is never a bad thing.

Why bring up Cabrera now? He's made little to no improvement since being sent down. Why not just wait until rosters expand??

Not to be rude, but I really don't think it matters at this point.

The bright spot is we might unload Javy, may even get someone back from it.

Also, MASN could effect the O's big time...

Thanks for the sunshine.:rolleyes:

Bigbird's first post says we were holding out for 4 guys. What's wrong with inquiring what type of package we were seeking. To each his own. Not to mention we are getting blasted in the national media on a daily basis. So I think it does matter.

FOUR PLAYERS from the Angels huh?

The OH mods keep getting rid of the thread i have out up here talking about how we turned down Santana, Aybar and Wood for Tejada...Perhaps the guy on that board was correct. Maybe we also wanted Kotchman included.

Doubtful our guys on here are the only ones who have an inside source on all of the internet.

If we did turn down Wood, Santana and Aybar, that may be the biggest mistake the organization has ever made.

Thanks for the sunshine.:rolleyes:

Bigbird's first post says we were holding out for 4 guys. What's wrong with inquiring what type of package we were seeking. To each his own. Not to mention we are getting blasted in the national media on a daily basis. So I think it does matter.

Nice rolled eyes...

We have heard so many people from so many sources tell us so many things.

It is a mute point because we didn't pull the trigger on anything. All this will lead to is more specualtion and complaining. If you like to do that, more power to you.

Plus, he said he was at the beach and heading out...

FOUR PLAYERS from the Angels huh?

The OH mods keep getting rid of the thread i have out up here talking about how we turned down Santana, Aybar and Wood for Tejada...Perhaps the guy on that board was correct. Maybe we also wanted Kotchman included.

Doubtful our guys on here are the only ones who have an inside source on all of the internet.

If we did turn down Wood, Santana and Aybar, that may be the biggest mistake the organization has ever made.

SG, I read the whole thread that you linked to in your post that keeps getting deleted. The guy who claimed to have inside info was a moderator on that site, which may give him credibility. He seemed well spoken and very knowledgable which also gave him some credibility. Problem is, I can't see the FO being dumb enough to turn that proposal down. Even Angelos can't be that dumb. Plus, it hasn't been reported anywhere else at all. Seems fishy and I hope it isn't true.

SG, I read the whole thread that you linked to in your post that keeps getting deleted. The guy who claimed to have inside info was a moderator on that site, which may give him credibility. He seemed well spoken and very knowledgable which also gave him some credibility. Problem is, I can't see the FO being dumb enough to turn that proposal down. Even Angelos can't be that dumb. Plus, it hasn't been reported anywhere else at all. Seems fishy and I hope it isn't true.

Doesn't matter if it has been reported anywhere...Bigbird is now telling us we needed FOUR players from the Angels. If that is true, it makes sense that that offer was turned down because we didn't get the 4th player.

Archived